Wales Golf - Championship Manager
|Location||Ideally based at Wales Golf Head Office|
|Hours of Work||Average 35 hrs per week. The post holder will be required to work additional hours at peak times during the year to meet the needs of Wales Golf.|
|Salary & Benefits||£30,000 - £36,000|
|Closing Date||10 Jun|
We are the national governing body for amateur golf. Our vision is to make 'Golf Everyone's game, anywhere. We aim to create an environment in Wales where golf is safe and accessible for everyone to play and enjoy. Our values are to be real, innovative, people-centred and operate with excellence.
An exciting job opportunity has arisen within Wales Golf, and we are now seeking to recruit a suitably qualified candidate who is energetic, dynamic, driven and versatile for the role of Championship Manager. This role requires an enthusiastic and motivated person, who can work well independently and manage small teams effectively, can build and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders and work well with minimum supervision.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer the post holder will:
· Take responsibility for managing the Championship Team in running the Wales Golf Championship Fixtures, including European Championships when held in Wales.
· Plan, run and evaluate a range of Championships & Events for elite, club, male, female, junior and senior golfers in keeping with the overall strategy of the organisation.
· Drive the success of Wales Golf Championships & Events both strategically and on the ground.
· Foster and maintain strong relationships with players, parents, volunteers, suppliers, sponsors, clubs and counties across Wales.
· Plan and manage playing conditions and course set-up at elite Championships.
· Manage, grow and educate the pool of Wales Golf Championship volunteers.
· Respond to Rules of Golf queries and issues at Championships and from clubs.
· Plan and execute Championships in a manner which is attractive to commercial partners.
· Create and manage departmental budgets for the Wales Golf Board.
· Schedule and plan ongoing fixtures of Wales Golf Championships, and work with partners to ensure Wales Golf Championships complement the overall GB&I fixtures.
· Collaborate with Director of High Performance, Director of Development and Handicap Manager to ensure Championships are executed complementing other work and schemes within the organisation.
If you have the knowledge, desire and passion to contribute to the success of Wales Golf, please download the full role description and person specification from our website (www.walesgolf.org) under the “About Us” section.
please complete and return the application form, provide a full CV (strictly 2 pages maximum), and complete and return the equal opportunities monitoring form, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
|Interview Date||Week commencing 27th June 2022|