The FA - Para Classification Lead (Casual Contract)
|Hours of Work|
|Salary & Benefits||Competitive|
|Closing Date||30 Nov|
Unite the Game and Inspire the Nation through Winning England Teams.
The Football Association (The FA) is the governing body of football in England. We are responsible for promoting and developing the game at all levels; from grassroots through to the professional game, The Emirates FA Cup and the England international teams. We have two core assets: Wembley Stadium and St. George's Park.
To deliver against our goal we have reallocated resources and invested heavily in developing a team of exceptional people capable of creating winning England teams at our world-class training facilities at St. George's Park in Staffordshire.
This is a unique and exciting time to join The FA and the Technical Team will be integral to the organisation achieving its goals.
To lead the further design and implementation of The FA's Para Football Classification Strategy and processes supporting the identification, recruitment and participation/performance of players. To also lead classification/eligibility training for stakeholders involved in the Para Pathway.
This role is a Casual contract running until July 2022 (to be renewed annually) and will require approx.15 hours per month.
- Lead the further development of classification policy and processes.
- Co-ordinate the completion of classification for talented/elite players across ophthalmology audiology and physical based areas.
- Undertake/lead classification process for players with Cerebral Palsy and co-ordinate other consultant practitioners to support.
- Maintain accurate records for players who have been classified.
- Liaise with International Federations of Disability Sport and the IPC to ensure practice is current and deliver education and awareness training to pathway stakeholders.
- Provide guidance to Pathway staff to inform selection of players.
- Provide feedback to players and parents on classification outcomes.
- Provide support to national staff (FA/NDSOs) in the development of eligibility guidance for national impairment specific formats of the game at a grassroots level.
- Execute additional tasks as required to meet FA Group changing priorities.
What we are looking for
- MSc in sports related discipline.
- leading national based classification for physically impaired players
- using classification-based information to inform the effective recruitment and selection of players in Para Football.
- supporting Para Football in both talent and elite based environments.
- completing medical based assessments in elite level sport.
- Para Football related research projects.
- delivering education at undergraduate or postgraduate level.
- monitoring and evaluating programmes and managing medical and sensitive based data.
- Strong communication, influencing and management skills.
- Basic project management skills.
- Strong reporting writing skills.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills.
- Ability to create presentations and present to a wide range of key stakeholders.
- PhD in sports related discipline.
- Teaching qualification.
- Experience of working as an International Classifier in Para Football.
A full clean driving licence is required.
What we can offer you
- An exciting and challenging role within a changing, dynamic and world-renowned sports organisation.
- Attractive benefits and a competitive salary for the right candidate.
The Football Association Group promotes inclusion and diversity, and welcomes applications from everyone. If you have any particular requirements in respect of the recruitment or interview process please mention this in your application.