Vote for us in The Ethnicity Awards!
The FA - Men's Pathway Medical Lead
|Location||National Football Centre, St George's Park|
|Hours of Work||Part-time, Permanent|
|Salary & Benefits||Competitive|
|Closing Date||16 Jan|
Unite the Game and Inspire the Nation through Winning England Teams.
The Football Association (The FA) is the governing body of football in England. We are responsible for promoting and developing the game at all levels; from grassroots through to the professional game, The Emirates FA Cup and the England international teams. We have two core assets: Wembley Stadium and St. George's Park.
To deliver against our goal we have reallocated resources and invested heavily in developing a team of exceptional people capable of creating winning England teams at our world-class training facilities at St. George's Park in Staffordshire. This is a unique and exciting time to join The FA and the Technical Team will be integral to the organisation achieving its goals.
We are searching for a Men's Pathway Doctor to Lead the delivery of a performance medicine service across England Men's pathway teams (U15 – U21), which supports the optimal availability of players for selection, and contributes to England Winning.
Please note, this role is advertised on a part time basis for up to 3 days per week.
- Manage a performance medicine service across pathway teams.
- Assist in the development of medical policy and guidance across teams which support best practice in the preparation and management of players for Men's international
- Manage a team of pathway Doctors to enhance staff availability and performance for all teams.
- Work with the Men's Pathway Phase Leads to support the direction of medical strategy and delivery to pathway teams.
- Work with the England Men's Lead Performance Doctor, Head of Performance Medicine and other MDT phase and pathway leads to ensure alignment across the plan of work with a contributory focus towards supporting the Men's senior team.
- Support key medical projects and steering groups in supporting the overall performance strategy, and provide competitive advantage for Men's teams across the pathway but aligned to senior team objectives.
- Assist in developing and delivering the Medical Curriculum of medical support as part of the Blueprint for Success, aligned to the age, maturation and stage of the player / team.
- Ensure the capture and recording of medical data of players to support player management across pathway teams, in line with regulation and current surveillance projects.
- Oversee the management of camp related equipment and medical consumables across the pathway.
- Provide additional support to the Team Camps where appropriate (Absence, illness, floor walking).
- Work with key stakeholders and clubs to maximise the transition of care and availability of players.
- Support the recruitment and development of consultant staff to ensure the best possible provision for England Men's teams.
What we are looking for:
- MSc or Diploma in Sports Medicine, (or equivalent validated experience)
- License to practice in the UK,
- Member of Faculty of Sports and Exercise Medicine, (UK)
- Experience as a Team Doctor in elite sport and in managing and participating in multi-disciplinary teams,
- Excellent academic and applied knowledge of contemporary practice in performance medicine,
- Track record of successfully integrating into MDT coaching teams,
- Excellent sports medicine delivery skills,
- Excellent written and oral communication with a demonstrable record of good organisational skills,
- Ability to create excellent relationships with a wide range of stakeholders.
What we can offer you:
- An exciting and challenging role within a changing, dynamic and world renowned sports organisation.
- Attractive benefits and a competitive salary for the right candidate.
The Football Association Group promotes inclusion and diversity, and welcomes applications from everyone. If you have any particular requirements in respect of the recruitment or interview process please mention this in your application.