Swim England - Audit, Risk & Probity Committee Member
|Hours of Work|
|Salary & Benefits||Voluntary role + expenses|
|Closing Date||17 Jul|
About The Role
We are looking to appoint two new independent members to our Audit, Risk and Probity Committee (ARP). The committee is part of our formal governance structure, reporting to the Swim England Board. The responsibilities of the committee are to:
- Oversee the external audit services of Swim England and their subsidiary companies
- Oversee the planning and implementation of the internal audit program
- Oversee compliance with Sport England's code for corporate governance
- Oversee the risk management processes of Swim England and subsidiary companies
- Investigates relevant issues and determines whether any breakdown in formal procedures has occurred and reports to the relevant committee or the Board the outcomes of investigations and recommended actions
The full role description, person specification and terms of reference for the group are available from the job description button.
The purpose of the role is to act as an independent member of the ARP Committee, the role of which is to oversee effective auditing, financial reporting, internal controls and risk management within Swim England and its subsidiary businesses.
Reporting to the Chair of the ARP committee, the position is voluntary with travel and accommodation expenses paid in accordance with Swim England policy. We are looking to appoint for a four-year term, with the possibility of extending for a further four-year term.
The terms of engagement are one day per quarter including attendance at four half day committee meetings per year. Meetings are held in a hybrid format, virtual and in person, with ideally one meeting per year attended in person, which will be held in our SportPark, Loughborough head office, or an alternative location to be agreed in advance.
The position is unremunerated, yet receives reimbursable vouched expenses in line with agreed Swim England policies.
In addition to meeting the person specification as detailed within the role description, we are looking to appoint two candidates who:
- Must have senior level executive experience, preferably from within a business support function such as finance, legal or governance,
- Knowledge of risk management would be advantageous but not essential
- Previous experience of a similar role on a Committee/Board is not essential but desirable
If you feel you have the suitable skills and attributes for this position, then we would like to hear from you.
If you would like to discuss the opportunity before applying, please contact our CFO, Brian Havill at email@example.com