Vote for us in The Ethnicity Awards!
Rugby Football Union - National Facilities Operations Assistant
|Hours of Work||Full-time|
|Salary & Benefits||Competitive|
|Closing Date||23 Jan|
Working as part of the RFU's Rugby 365 team, this role provides full administrative support for the RFU National Facilities currently consisting of a network of 28 artificial grass pitches (AGPs known as Rugby 365) across England. These facilities are managed by the Rugby 365 team as community hubs that host all forms of Rugby Union and some other sports.
The role of the National Facilities Operations Assistant is to manage all administrative requirements of the Rugby 365 project to ensure access to the facilities is maximised and the best possible customer experience is provided. The post holder will have excellent organisational skills and experience of working with booking and finance systems.
For an informal discussion about the role Please contact Nick Jackson (Nickjackson@rfu.com)
Nature and scope:
In light of increasing pressure on natural turf pitches and evolving player expectations, the RFU has developed a network of 28 artificial grass pitches (AGPs) across England that it owns and operates (known as Rugby 365). AGPs are becoming increasingly popular in Rugby Union, with their durability allowing for continued activity throughout the year, at a consistent standard, increasing access and improving the playing experience.
The RFU manages facilities as community hubs of rugby and works across all forms of the game to ensure as much Rugby as possible is played. The facilities have a transformational impact on the game and the communities in which they sit by accommodating other sports as well as Rugby.
The role of the National Facilities Operations Assistant is to manage all administrative requirements of the Rugby 365 project and control and continually improve the RFU pitch booking platform whilst also supporting all financial aspects of it.
There are four key components to the role:
- To support the Rugby 365 team in all aspects of administration required to operate the RFU national facilities.
- Facilitating bookings by our users, including receiving emails and logging bookings, dealing with complaints & queries and liaising with host club to ensure that the user experience is satisfactory
- Maintenance and development of the booking platform, including reporting of any bugs and issues
- Change requests, including small scale project management of the delivery and testing of these changes
- Setting up and developing any new additions to the booking system
- Supporting clubs and internal stakeholders with adhoc requests of support on their booking needs
- Supporting any data and insight needs relating to the National Facilities
Internal & External Communication:
- Manage and maintain the internal news and information hub
- Update key stakeholders on changes to the booking platform after completion of change requests
- Send marketing and promotional information to our user groups and project stakeholders
- Financial administration, including raising purchase orders and invoices in relation to all operational payments
- Manage the payment cycles for our key suppliers, including utility bills and maintenance contracts
General Additional Requirements:
- Actively collaborate with colleagues to contribute to the development and delivery to the current strategic, business and operational plans
- Act as an ambassador for, and promote the best interests of the RFU at all times, including the promotion of the RFU core values and culture
- Undertake such other duties as maybe required from time to time as are consistent with the responsibilities of the post and the needs of the organisation
- Be flexible in your working pattern to meet the needs of the business. This will specifically include evening and weekend work as required
Essential Qualifications, skills & experience:
- A competent IT user with demonstrable experience in IT systems use
- Proven experience using an online booking system
- Proven experience in administration or project management
- Demonstrable experience in a customer facing role
Desirable Qualifications, Skills & experience:
- Practical understanding of the local sporting landscape in England
- Experience of developing close working relationships with a wide range of people across multi-function teams
- An understanding of volunteer organisations
- Preferably will have a enthusiasm and interest in sports delivery
Essential Skills and Personal Attributes:
- Must be computer literate and willing to learn new technological processes
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- A passion for customer service
- Solution focused, proactive and pragmatic approach to problem solving
- Self-starter able to adapt to changing project demands
- Ability to work effectively in a team
- Ability to flex approach to recognise the variety of project stakeholders
- Good project management skills with the ability to manage multiple aspects
- All role holders must maintain an appropriate standard of confidentiality. Any disclosures of confidential information (including personal information kept on computer or other media) made unlawfully outside the proper course of duty will be treated as a serious disciplinary offence
- Personal circumstances must allow the candidate to work extended hours on occasion during times of peak activity including evenings and weekends
- Roles holders not based at Twickenham must be available to work from there if required
- The role description, person specification, job level and job title may be subject to change at the discretion of the RFU and in accordance with business developments. Any changes will be communicated to the role holder as appropriate
Apply here now:: https://rfu.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobdetail.ftl?job=2200000B