RFU - Transactional Assistant
|Hours of Work||Full Time|
|Salary & Benefits||£24,500 – £28,500 (Experience pending)|
|Closing Date||24 Jun|
Nature and scope:
The role of the Transactional Assistant will be to assist both the Sales Ledger & Purchase Ledger Supervisors in operating a high performing Transactional function, ensuring accurate and timely processing of individual tasks whilst integrating seamlessly into the rest of the Transactional team.
The candidate would need to be flexible as they will be required to split their work week between the two sides of the transactional team. This role will assist the Purchase Ledger Supervisor, in particular the processing and monitoring of expenses (staff and volunteer). The role will also assist the Sales Ledger Supervisor in ensuring the accurate and timely raising of invoices, processing of receipts and cashbook entries as well as chasing overdue invoice payments.
The right candidate should have excellent communication skills, feel comfortable to work on their own and be able to demonstrate situations where they have used their own initiative.
• Auditing of both cash and credit card expenses in accordance with service level agreements
• Dealing with queries regarding the processing and reimbursement of expenses
• Assisting the Purchase Ledger Supervisor in ensuring that the Travel and Expense Policy is adhered by RFU Staff & relevant volunteers
• Following up on outstanding credit card submissions
• Assist the Purchase Ledger Supervisor in providing training to Oracle users on the Expenses modules through formal training and drop in sessions
• Ad-hoc administrative tasks performed under the Purchase Ledger Supervisor's direction
• Supporting continuous improvement within the Finance Team
• Ensuring adherence to strict month end closing timetables
• General Housekeeping
• Maintaining cashbooks and bank accounts; ensuring that customer receipts for both miscellaneous receipts and invoices are coded and entered onto Oracle, as and when required
• Collating cheques and cash, logging & preparing for banking
• Issuing credit card refunds via Worldpay system
• Updating an ageing analysis with a record of debtor statuses
• Raising sales invoices and credit notes for all RFU and RFDL revenue streams upon receipt of the requisitions. Including uploading sales ledger invoice batches via the auto upload into Oracle
• Setting up new customer via the auto upload in Oracle
• Ad-hoc administrative tasks performed under the Sales Ledger Supervisor's direction
• Actively collaborate with colleagues to contribute to the development and delivery of the current strategic, business and operational plans
• Act as an ambassador for, and promote the best interests of the RFU, including the promotion of the RFU core values and BACK culture.
• Undertake such other duties as may be required from time to time as are consistent with the responsibilities of the post and the needs of the organisation
|Interview Date||Interviews to be held week commencing 27th June 2022|