RFU - Senior Designer
|Location||HQ Rugby House Twickenham Stadium200 Whitton Road TWICKENHAM TW2 7BA|
|Hours of Work||Full Time|
|Salary & Benefits|
|Closing Date||15 May|
• Deliver outstanding creative that stands out and leads in the world of rugby
• Leading, and when appropriate challenging and refining design briefs at conception, originating fresh ideas and translating them into market ready artwork.
• Support the Brand Lead in making strategic design and creative decisions, as well as providing all internal departments with a creative resource
• Live and breathe our brand, be part of re-defining the guidelines and be responsible for overseeing their appropriate use.
• Review final artwork for quality and consistency and manage the signoff process with key stakeholders as required.
• Support direct reports with their creative, personal and strategic development, ensuring they are delivering the output required at the best level within the timeframe and balancing creativity with commerciality.
• Ability to integrate and work collaboratively across the other departments within the business.
• Lead design team to regularly turn design projects around in tight deadlines without compromising quality of work.
• Oversee the delivery of channel assets through a combination of internal and external resource.
• Build and sustain a strong studio reputation both internally and within the sporting sector.
• Prepare print ready artwork and understanding the full print processes and materials on offer.
Qualifications and Experience:
• 4+ years' experience working in a relevant role within a brand or in agency
• Educated to degree standard, preferably in graphic design or similar related field.
• Extensive commercial experience within the creative industry.
• Proven experience of delivering outstanding brand assets to support digital and global campaigns.
• Ability to demonstrate a variety of original promotional campaigns with clear rationale.
• Full knowledge of the Adobe creative suite
• Knowledge of After Effects/Premier Pro or Cinema 4d an advantage
Skills and Personal Attributes:
• Exceptional attention to detail and high standards of output – the ability to ensure accuracy whilst maintaining pace to ensure deadlines are met.
• The ability to judge priorities across several briefs and varied levels of activity.
• Creative thinker with strong awareness of design trends; able to build and evolve concepts that are both visually appealing and commercially aware.
• Advanced editing skills with an expert level of proficiency.
• Exceptional design and typographic skills with a drive to learn more.
• Excellent written and verbal communication, with outstanding visual presentation skills
• High levels of energy, curiosity, enthusiasm and conceptual thinking.
• Strong project management skills and able to juggle many projects at once.
• Commercial understanding with the ability to demonstrate ROI.
• Willingness to work flexibly and support the team/business in other roles if required.
• All Role Holders must maintain an appropriate standard of confidentiality. Any disclosures of confidential information (including personal information kept on computer or other media) made unlawfully outside the proper course of duty will be treated as a serious disciplinary offence
• Personal circumstances must allow the candidate to work extended hours on occasion during times of peak activity including evenings and weekends
• Role holders not based at Twickenham must be available to work from there as and when required
• The role description, person specification, job level and job title may be subject to change at the discretion of the RFU and in accordance with business developments.
• Any changes will be communicated to the role holder as appropriate