Vote for us in The Ethnicity Awards!
RFU - People Coordinator
|Location||Twickenham Head Office|
|Hours of Work|
|Salary & Benefits||£30-32k • Retail discounts include 30% off Adidas, 20% off Optimum Nutrition, 25% off 02 and many more. • Priority access to purchase match tickets • 25% discount in Rugby Store and EnglandRugby.com • 25 days of annual leave and your birthday day off • Free dental care and free access to the stadium gym • Life assurance of 4x your basic salary, income protection scheme and Employee Assistance Programme that offers anonymous and confidential, emotional and practical support 24/7. • After 3 months, you will be enrolled in our Aviva pension scheme and we will match and double your contribution up to 10% • Ride-to-work scheme, eyecare vouchers and season ticket loans|
|Closing Date||10 Aug|
Nature and scope:
To provide an efficient and effective support service to the People team and the RFU through:
• Supporting managers and colleagues through the entire employee lifecycle
• Operational and administrative advice and support
• First line employee relations advice and guidance
• Expert maintenance of People systems ensuring data integrity
• Continual improvement in the People service provision
• Contributing towards the effective delivery of the People Plan
• Preparation of offer letters and contracts
• Managing the onboarding process for new starters, including taking new starters through the 'first day' People induction (ahead of the official Welcome Day) and answering questions where necessary
• Managing the leaver process
• Escalating any complex matters to the relevant People Partner
• Pre-employment screening for new candidates including right to work checks in line with UKBA guidelines
• Maintaining employee records and electronic files
• Ensuring prompt and clear communication on new starters and leavers to relevant internal departments
• Supporting managers with grievance, disciplinary and capability procedures
• Liaison with external bodies such as legal advisors when required
• Supporting the Resourcing and Operations Coordinator with recruitment campaigns, including updating job descriptions, selection processes and interviewing
• Supporting managers with the engagement of casual workers
• Being an expert user of the HR systems, namely Oracle, to ensure that employee data/records are 100% accurate
• Managing Oracle processes and reporting and liaising with other departments e.g. Payroll and Technology to ensure that people are paid correctly, join and leave in a timely manner
• Proactively working with the wider team when required to ensure Management Information is up to date and accurate
• Support system upgrades with UAT scripting and testing
• Work with Finance to ensure organisation/budget changes are reflected in Oracle
• Training end users to utilise new functionality
• Communicating new functionality/changes that impact end users
• Providing administrative support to the People team, in particular the relevant People Partner(s)
• Providing support to line managers to enable them to deal effectively with a range of scenarios in line with RFU People policies, encouraging best practice at all times
• Leading on and/or contributing to People projects in line with departmental objectives and the RFU's People Strategy
• Producing and updating departmental forms, guides, packs, and general documentation as required
• Complete monthly reporting for on new starters and leavers and ensure records are updated and maintained as per GDPR guidance
• Acting as an ambassador for, and promoting the best interests of the RFU at all times, including the promotion of the RFU Core Values
• Undertaking such other duties as may be required from time to time as are consistent with the responsibilities of the post and the needs of the RFU
• Support and lead the efficient completion of both internal and external audits
The skills and attributes outlined in this description are not exhaustive and we welcome candidates who can bring different relevant experiences to the role.
Qualifications, skills & experience:
• Committed to actively contributing and building an inclusive BACK culture in your role and day to day behaviours.
• Credible experience in an administrative capacity within an HR/People team.
• Previous experience of maintaining a database and producing reports (preferably using Oracle and Taleo).
• Previous experience of producing detailed and accurate contractual documents and written communication.
• Able to demonstrate exceptional time management, planning and organisational skills and apply this to systems and processes
• Able to demonstrate a thorough approach to work, showing impeccable attention to detail and work accuracy
• Able to establish and maintain positive working relationships with employees throughout the organisation
• Articulate communicator at all levels
• Thrives when accountable and responsible
• Must be “customer service” driven, with an orientation towards providing a consistent, high quality service at all times
• Able to understand the application of People policies, processes and systems, keeping up to date with legislative changes
• Must maintain confidentiality and have the ability to handle highly sensitive material with discretion
• All role holders must maintain an appropriate standard of confidentiality. Any disclosures of confidential information (including personal information kept on computer or other media) made unlawfully outside the proper course of duty will be treated as a serious disciplinary offence
• The role description, person specification, job level and job title may be subject to change at the discretion of the RFU and under business developments. Any changes will be communicated to the role holder as appropriate
• If you are a trans candidate applying for a job that requires a DBS check, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org or directly to our safeguarding team (email@example.com) to use the confidential sensitive application route. This will provide applicants with the choice not to have any gender or name information disclosed on their DBS certificate.