RFU - Office Services Assistant
|Hours of Work|
|Salary & Benefits||c.£23k|
|Closing Date||27 Jun|
At England Rugby, one of our core objectives is to drive rugby union to better reflect the diversity of society. We are aware that rugby, and sports in general, has not always been as welcoming an environment for everyone as we would like, and we are working hard to make rugby a more inclusive space for all identities.
We believe hiring people from underrepresented groups into positions at all levels is vital to creating spaces and initiatives that better support those identities. We would love to see applications from disabled people, LGBTQ+ people, people from ethnically diverse communities, people of faith, people from lower socio-economic backgrounds, and women and non-binary people.
We know that representation is more than just getting people through the door, it's about keeping people by responding to structural barriers relating to identities and valuing the insights that different lived experiences bring. We have network groups that provide peer-to-peer support and drive forward change internally. We support colleagues to develop, and each colleague has access to a personal coaching platform that can provide same-day one-to-one coaching. We are pushing ourselves to create a more inclusive culture every day through role modelling our BACK behaviours which stand for Brave, Accountable, Collaborative and Keep improving.
We know that flexible working is important to our colleagues, so our guiding principles are designed to support everyone to work in the way that suits them, their teams, and the organization in the best way.
We want you to have every opportunity to demonstrate your skills, ability and potential. If there is anything we could do to support you through your application or to provide the best environment for your interviews, including assistance or adjustment, please reach out to email@example.com.
Nature and scope:
A hands-on role providing a customer focused, professional front office, concierge, reception, enquiry and back-office support function to the RFU headquarters. This is a busy full time (40hpw) position, working to cover the flexible operational hours of the headquarters venue, including a variety of shift patterns and up to approximately 20 additional event days per annum.
• Provide a welcoming, informative and efficient concierge, reception, enquiry and telephone service
• Provide an efficient administrative support service to the business, including but not limited to, courier services, dry cleaning, taxi services, postal, reprographic, mail and print services.
• Support the provision of office related equipment, including but not limited to, stationery, kitchenette supplies, equipment consumables.
• Provide an ad hoc office support service to the venue director and his heads of department.
• Identify, scope, agree and implement changes to processes in order to increase efficiency.
• Operate venue wide technology systems in relation to the provision of office services, such as but not limited to, switch board, Skype for business, Sky Visitor management system, Aware Manager incident system.
• Provide a venue information service to all venue users
• Operate as an integral part of the fire warden and safety team for the venue offices.
• Operate an efficient meeting room and desk (when in operation) booking system.
• Provide maintenance of supplier information in relations to the office service function.
• Operate the venue lost property system.
• Provide support to the stadium team where possible and time allows.
• Actively collaborate with colleagues to contribute to the development and delivery of the current strategic, business and operational plans
• Act as an ambassador for, and promote the best interests of the RFU, including the promotion of the RFU core values and BACK culture.
• Undertake such other duties as may be required from time to time as are consistent with the responsibilities of the post and the needs of the organisation
The skills and attributes outlined in this description are not exhaustive and we welcome candidates who can bring different relevant experiences to the role.
Qualifications, skills & experience
• Committed to actively contributing and building an inclusive BACK culture in your role and day to day behaviours.
• Business administration related qualifications or equivalent experience.
• Experience of working in a customer focused team and demonstrate excellent customer service knowledge and skills.
• Experience in the use of the Microsoft office systems and office 365.
• Experience of analyzing and processing of purchase orders and invoices.
• The ability to communicate in a pleasant, knowledgeable and restrained manner.
• An ability to effectively manage their own time management.
• Good attention to detail
• An understanding of budgeting and management accounts.
• The ability to analyze, process and act efficiently on information from multiple sources.
• Consistently display a professional image in all situations.
• A team player with the ability to assist others in proactively seeking workable solutions to problems and queries.
• An ability to present a highly professional image when representing the company in person, virtually or be any other communication methods.
• All role holders must maintain an appropriate standard of confidentiality. Any disclosures of confidential information (including personal information kept on computer or other media) made unlawfully outside the proper course of duty will be treated as a serious disciplinary offence
• The role description, person specification, job level and job title may be subject to change at the discretion of the RFU and under business developments. Any changes will be communicated to the role holder as appropriate
• We want you to have every opportunity to demonstrate your skills, ability and potential. If there is anything we could do to support you through your application or to provide the best environment for your interviews, including assistance or adjustment, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• If you are a trans candidate applying for a job that requires a DBS check, please reach out to email@example.com or directly to our safeguarding team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to use the confidential sensitive application route. This will provide applicants with the choice not to have any gender or name information disclosed on their DBS certificate.