RFU - IT Service Desk Analyst
|Location||HQ Rugby House Twickenham Stadium200 Whitton Road TWICKENHAM TW2 7BA|
|Hours of Work|
|Salary & Benefits|
|Closing Date||24 May|
Nature and Scope:
We are looking for a highly motivated and enthusiastic individual to join our IT Service Operations Team. You will be working as an IT Service Desk Analyst, responsible for delivering a high-quality customer service to users with a variety of issues, questions and requests. The IT Service Desk is the primary function to support the organization for technology questions and incidents. The work is varied and challenging; you will be providing 1st line and 2nd line support to all staff and associates of the Rugby Football Union, handling many pieces of work simultaneously whilst ensuring that an efficient service is provided.
We believe hiring people from underrepresented groups into positions at all levels is vital to creating spaces and initiatives that better support those identities. We would love to see applications from disabled people, LGBTQ+ people, people from ethnically diverse communities, people of faith, people from lower socio-economic backgrounds, and women and non-binary people.
• Logging incidents and service requests into the RFU IT service management tool.
• Setting the correct priority and severity to all requests.
• Logging, responding and managing customer requests for the internal customers all the way to resolution either via email or phone.
• Following up on open incidents/service requests with support teams and third parties via email, phone and face-to-face methods.
• Providing regular feedback to users on the status of their issues including third party escalations.
• Assisting in maintaining the IT knowledgebase with detailed customer-facing documentation to a high standard, ensuring an increasing portion of tickets are resolved using the KB.
• Managing the historical backlog of tickets making sure that the end user is communicated to at all times throughout the life cycle.
• Managing information and general administration support for the IT service management tool, keeping all records up to date.
• Ensuring all incidents and service requests adhere to SLAs and are recorded accurately against KPIs.
• Ensuring all completed tickets are closed to the satisfaction of the requestor.
• Acting as an ambassador for, and promoting the best interests of the RFU always, including the promotion of the RFU Core Values
• Undertaking such other duties as maybe required from time to time as are consistent with the responsibilities of the post and the needs of the RFU.
• Supporting and assisting with events days when required.
Skills and Personal Attributes:
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Confident nature, able to effectively manage own time and priorities.
• Ability to communicate and work with all levels within an organisation.
• Reliable and able to adapt to situations and excel under pressure.
• Ability to follow process and procedure in accordance with their role.
• Ability to work under pressure and prioritise according to predefined criteria.
• Genuine interest in IT service operations and delivery.
• Must be “customer focused and with an understanding of “client” requirements and orientation towards service of others.
• Ability to work on one's own and as part of a team.
• All Role Holders must maintain an appropriate standard of confidentiality. Any disclosures of confidential information (including personal information kept on computer or other media) made unlawfully outside the proper course of duty will be treated as a serious disciplinary offence.
• Personal circumstances must allow the candidate to work extended hours on occasion during times of peak activity including evenings and weekends
• The role description, person specification, role grade and role title may be subject to change at the discretion of the RFU and in accordance with business developments. Any changes will be communicated to the role holder as appropriate.