RFU - Finance Business Partner – Rugby Development
|Location||HQ Rugby House Twickenham Stadium200 Whitton Road TWICKENHAM TW2 7BA|
|Hours of Work||Full-time|
|Salary & Benefits|
|Closing Date||19 May|
Nature and scope:
The role is a 12-month fixed term contract to cover maternity leave within the FP&A team.
Responsibilities include reporting, analysis and monitoring the financial performance of cost and profit centres.
The role partners with the RFU's Rugby Development department which oversees all community game activity including playing opportunities, coaching and refereeing, and clubs and communities
We believe hiring people from underrepresented groups into positions at all levels is vital to creating spaces and initiatives that better support those identities. We would love to see applications from disabled people, LGBTQ+ people, people from ethnically diverse communities, people of faith, people from lower socio-economic backgrounds, and women and non-binary people.
• Produce annual budgets, business plans and forecasts for the RFU's Rugby Development Department
• Provide and present monthly management information with rolling forecasts to the Executive team and budget holders of designated areas
• Ensure activities underpinned by external funding are both on track and consistent with the receipting of such funding
• Produce profitability and investment analysis to support decision making, target setting and budgeting
• Support the organisation's contract, risk and deal approval processes as required
• Support and challenge internal stakeholders
• Identify, innovate, and implement improvements to management reporting
• Actively collaborate and lead colleagues to contribute to the development and delivery of strategic and operational plans
• Act as an ambassador for, and promote the best interests of the RFU at all times, including the promotion of the RFU Core Values
• Undertake such other duties as maybe required from time to time as are consistent with the responsibilities of the post and the needs of the RFU
Qualifications, skills & experience:
• Qualified CIMA, ACA or ACCA with business partnering experience
• Experience of management accounting, project reporting, profitability and sensitivity analysis and investment appraisal.
• Proven level of MS Excel skills e.g. vlookups, pivots, graphs
• Excellent communicator with ability to network effectively with Finance and operational management across the business.
• Results driven; thrives on challenge; action-orientated and pragmatic in approach; flexible when needed.
• Able to balance multiple priorities against exacting deadlines and remain focused and clear.
• Positive, forward thinking, proactive approach to work
• Team player, collaborative in style, actively seeks partnership with colleagues
• Systems experience on Oracle would be advantageous
• An enthusiasm for Rugby, in particular the community game
• Experience accounting for grant income and costs
• All role holders must maintain an appropriate standard of confidentiality. Any disclosures of confidential information (including personal information kept on computer or other media) made unlawfully outside the proper course of duty will be treated as a serious disciplinary offence
• Personal circumstances must allow the candidate to work extended hours on occasion during times of peak activity including evenings and weekends
• Roles holders not based at Twickenham must be available to work from there as and when required
• The role description, person specification, job level and job title may be subject to change at the discretion of the RFU and in accordance with business developments. Any changes will be communicated to the role holder as appropriate