Vote for us in The Ethnicity Awards!
Premiership Rugby - Sports Science and Medicine Operations Manager
|Hours of Work||Full-time - Permanent (3 days per week to be office based)|
|Salary & Benefits||Competitive Basic Salary + Benefits + Company Bonus Scheme|
|Closing Date||05 Aug|
Reporting to the Head of Science and Medical Operations, the Sports Science and Medicine Operations Manager will have operational accountability for the day-to-day running of a variety of sports science and medicine programmes that are fundamental to driving the highest principles of medical care, clinical governance and sports science support across the competition and the academy pathway. This varied role will provide the successful candidate with the opportunity to help shape and oversee the operational delivery of both existing and new league-wide sports science and medicine initiatives and to work with club Heads of Medicine, Heads of Performance and Heads of Analysis to improve medical and performance standards across the league. The successful candidate will also work with club leads to maximise compliance with league-wide minimum standards which are fundamental to the integrity and values of the competition.
Please note that this is a non-clinical role and is operations and project management focused. Clinical expertise and support to Premiership Rugby and its clubs is provided via the Premiership Rugby's Medical Advisor.
· Have a fundamental role in supporting the sports science and medicine work programmes and actions developed through the Professional Game Board (PGB) Medical Advisory Group, Sports Science Advisory Group (SSAG) and Player Performance Group (PPG)
· Lead the operational delivery on a range of centrally co-ordinated medical programmes and protocols which include cardiac screening, hepatitis B vaccination, medical education (online and face-to-face) and ImPACT computerised neurocognitive testing
· Work with the Head of Science and Medical Operations to support the delivery of the elite game Head Injury Prevention and Management Strategy. Co-ordinate the operational management of Hawkeye pitch-side video technology and the implementation of the World Rugby Head Injury Assessment (HIA) Protocols throughout the season.
· Work with the Rugby Operations Manager and the Premiership Rugby Medical Advisor to lead on the recruitment, training and in-season delivery of the World Rugby Independent Match Day Doctor (IMDD) programme
· Lead the planning and delivery of a number of league wide CPD events including the pre-season Premiership Rugby medicine and performance conference and the launch of a new rugby research annual conference
· Work with the Head of Science and Medical Operations to define and implement a new and enhanced league-wide mental wellbeing strategy to support Premiership players and staff
· Co-ordinate the centralised medical provision for the U18s Academy Finals Day and the Gallagher Premiership Rugby Final.
· Work with the Premiership Rugby Medical Advisor to ensure club compliance with key clinical governance standards and provide clubs with feedback and management level reports to support adherence.
· Manage the Premiership Rugby Hudl and Oval Insights contracts from a rugby performance perspective and work with the club Heads of Performance Analysis to ensure regular feedback is shared to support the ongoing product development and improvement.
· Work with the Head of Rugby Operations to support the implementation of the medical elements of the PGB minimum standards criteria and the development of the league-wide pitch management strategy
· Work with Premiership Rugby's Head of Player Development to review current medical and sports-science provision and standards within Premiership Academies and identify key areas for future development
· Collect and analyse league-wide club feedback on current and future medical, sports science and performance analysis requirements via club visits, surveys and focus groups. Drive engagement at club level with key league-wide initiatives
· Provide sports science project management support for new projects that assess the suitability of various wearable and tracking technologies across the league to improve player management and performance.
· Support the Head of Science and Medical Operations with budget tracking, creating purchase orders and processing invoices within the science and medicine budget
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
· An undergraduate degree in a relevant area of sports science or medicine. Post-graduate qualification desirable.
· Strong project management experience with a proven track record of successful project delivery and implementing new programmes or initiatives across a team or business is essential
· The candidate should have previous experience of working in elite sport. Previous experience of working in professional rugby union would be advantageous but is not essential.
· Specific experience of working in a medical or performance department within a professional sports organisation would also be advantageous.
· Excellent organisational skills and the ability to work individually or in a team.
· Outgoing personality, with ability to develop strong relationships with key stakeholders.
· A can-do attitude and a willingness to take on new challenges
· Ability to work efficiently and calmly under pressure, often on multiple projects at one time.
· Excellent communication skills
· Ability to work evenings and weekends when required
· Proficient in Excel, Word and PowerPoint
· The successful applicant will be able to handle confidential information with discretion
Competitive Basic Salary + Benefits + Company Bonus Scheme
send a copy of your CV accompanied by a Cover Letter (no more than one A4 page) which details your current salary package and your suitability for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org
|Interview Date||15th – 18th August 202|