Harlequins - Harlequins Sports Therapist
|Location||Harlequins Training Facility – Guildford.|
|Hours of Work||Full Time (potential for part time - dependent on circumstance) contract type is up to 6 month contract (with potential to be extended/go permanent)|
|Salary & Benefits||Experience dependent. Up to £25,000 p.a pro-rata|
|Closing Date||19 Jan|
THE ROLE SUMMARY:
The role is to provide sports therapy and soft tissue therapy (including the arrangement of a bank service of therapists when required for Harlequins). The right candidate will be adept at applying excellent knowledge and skills in treatment sessions to players. To work as part of a multidisciplinary team with shared decisions underpinned by contextual understanding to design and deliver comprehensive, collaborative plans to optimise athlete return to
THE CORE RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provision of medical cover for training and match day selected fixtures
• As appropriate, assist in the collection of the medical, orthopaedic and movement screening data
• When requested, delivery of individual and group pre-habilitation services to our Senior and Academy players
• Maintain a comprehensive database of work conducted with athletes and coaches. To include current medical status, medical notes and session content and attendance
• Work effectively with other support staff and services, including doctors/sport science services, to provide an integrated approach to performance enhancement
• Utilise the medical framework to appraise your performance and take accountability for your individual
Harlequins are the reigning Double English Champions across Men's and Women's rugby.
Founded in 1866, Harlequins is an iconic rugby club recognised around the world and is proud to be a founding member of the RFU, boasting more Presidents than any other club, as well as a healthy dose of Men's and Women's international players.
As reigning champions, we are ambitious to build on our success. To do this we move at tempo, we are unconventional in our thinking and approach and we recognise the value that each role in the team plays in delivering success.
We are now looking for a Sports Therapist to join the team.
• Communicate and promote the Harlequins culture creating an elite environment for the development of all.
• Actively engage in a fully functioning competency framework and integrated appraisal process
• Monitor the well-being of players at all times liaising with the senior medical team
THE SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Essential - (Sports Therapist Role) Sports Therapy BSc or equivalent
Essential - (Sports Massage Therapist Role) Level 3 Diploma in Sports Massage Therapy
Essential - At least 1 years' experience in the industry
Essential - A strong background in team sports
Desirable - (Sports Massage Therapist Role) Level 4 Certificate in Sports Massage Therapy.
Desirable – Pitch-side trauma course qualification
This job description is not to be regarded as exclusive or exhaustive. It is intended as an outline indication of the areas of activity and will be amended in the light of the changing needs of the organisation.Harlequins is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only applicants to be invited for interview will be contacted.