English Institute of Sport - Performance Data Lead (Data Scientist) – Working With British Triathlon
|Location||The normal place of work will be remote with regular visits to Loughborough / Leeds to engage with athletes, coaches and support staff.|
|Hours of Work||Such hours as necessary to carry out your duties. This will involve a minimum of 18.5 hours per week (0.5 FTE) and may include working outside normal office hours at evenings and weekends and on Public Holidays.|
|Salary & Benefits||£26,794 - £33,905 p.a. pro rata|
|Closing Date||13 Dec|
THE ENGLISH INSTITUTE OF SPORT (EIS):
The EIS exists to deliver outstanding performance – impacting support that enables UK High Performance System sports and athletes to excel.
The EIS is the world's leading provider of Sports Science, Medicine, Technology and Innovation to high performance sport. It is unlike any other organisation in high performance sport, with an unrivalled network of experts in their fields delivering people-first solutions to over 40 Olympic and Paralympic Sports. Established in 2002, and now a wholly owned subsidiary of UK Sport, the EIS has been providing support to Olympic and Paralympic sports for almost 20 years and is now one of the largest organisations in high performance sport globally.
At the EIS we have around 400 high performing and highly motivated staff and work in a complex environment of external stakeholder relationships. The EIS sits in a pivotal role in the UK within high performance sport. On a day to day basis EIS people provide outstanding support services to sports in our elite training centres. It is also at the heart of leading innovation across sport as well as being a key voice in the world of sports science and technical and medical challenges that will face our world of sport over the coming years; mental health, doping, safeguarding, concussion – to name just a few.
British Triathlon is a dynamic, forward-thinking governing body and a sport that prides itself on growth and innovation. As one of the most successful Triathlon nations at the London, Rio and Tokyo Olympic and Paralympic Games, the British programme is at the forefront of the sport. This new role is a unique opportunity to be part of a team that is driven to have even greater success in Paris and beyond.
We are looking for someone who has a passion for data and a genuine interest in technology and people. You should be driven to find creative solutions to new and varied problems and be comfortable working as the technical specialist in a multi-disciplinary team with varied skillsets. You will support the implementation of our data strategy across both the Paralympic and Olympic Triathlon programmes, working closely with the Head of Performance Science Services, Head of Performance Health Services, Coaches, Performance Support Team and central EIS Performance Data Team to increase our capability to generate insights that inform decision making and impact on triathlon performance.
This will be our first specialist data role, presenting an exciting opportunity to shape what you do as your understanding of the sport, the performance team and our data priorities evolve.
The EIS aims to foster a culture of continuous learning and professional development.
Working within British Triathlon and employed through the EIS you will have the benefit of being a fully embedded practitioner in the sport, whilst also receiving on-going technical leadership support from the EIS Performance Data Team and forming part of group of peers doing similar roles from across the world of high-performance sport.
MAIN TASKS AND ACTIVITIES
Working closely with the Head of the Performance Science Services you will:
- Be an integral part of the British Triathlon performance team (Paralympic and Olympic) working with the athletes, coaches and multidisciplinary team to support the delivery of the British Triathlon performance programme Vision: 'Great experiences through swim, bike and run'; and Mission: 'Developing people and delivering excellence to inspire growth'.
- Apply your expertise in data cleansing, integration and reporting to enable us to explore our data, support our decision-making processes and have a positive impact on the performance of our athletes.
- Build, refine and maintain performance dashboards and reports for use by coaches, practitioners, and senior leadership.
- Work with the Performance Support Team to identify opportunities and implement solutions that improve the way data is captured and managed.
- Support the delivery of our Data Strategy contributing to the planning and coordination of tasks with colleagues and third-party providers.
- Contribute to the scoping of data science projects with the wider Performance Support Team to understand and describe the purpose, requirements, benefits, and challenges of proposed projects.
The direct link to apply is as follows:https://eis.current-vacancies.com/Jobs/Advert/2455559?cid=1909&jobtitle=Performance.Data.Lead