Vote for us in The Ethnicity Awards!
English Institute of Sport - Chief Medical Officer – British Equestrian Federation
|Location||based at any EIS Site|
|Hours of Work||Permanent Position Type: Part Time|
|Salary & Benefits||£95,695 - £101,167 p.a pro-rata|
|Closing Date||07 Feb|
This role is an exciting opportunity to lead the medical provision to British Equestrian shaping the way we deliver sports medicine. We see this role as critical to our success and are looking for genuine leadership skills alongside exceptional clinical delivery. Alongside this, a fundamental part of the role is to work in an integrated manner as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
Work with the Performance Director, HoPS, Athlete Health lead and wider performance support team to improve performance through developing, implementing and evaluating medical services.
- Be responsible for overseeing the sports medicine provision for the Olympic and Paralympic World class programmes.
- Be up to date on all current medical cases amongst senior WCP athletes through proactive communication with other doctors and effective communication with MDT
- Work with the NGB staff & EIS Athlete Health leads team to deliver outstanding clinical governance across the program.
- Record high standard athlete medical records using the EIS PDMS medical records system in line with the GMC medical record keeping requirements. These notes in particular must facilitate good communication across the medical team(s) and provide information for medical audit.
- Be up to date on all anti-doping policies and procedures within Equestrian and oversee the development and implementation of an anti-doping system and education plan.
- Deliver excellent clinical support for all World Class Programme (WCP) athletes including the effective management of referrals and timetabling of appropriate athlete support working closely with physiotherapists, psychologists, and other members of the MDT as relevant
- Work with EIS & sports to manage your timetable of availability, including being contactable in an emergency when Equestrian is competing abroad.
- Availability to attend training and competition within the UK. Whilst the equestrian team does not normally travel with a Doctor, there are times where this may be appropriate.
If you wish to discuss this role informally, please contact Ash Wallace – British Equestrian Athlete Health Lead. Ashleigh.Wallace@eis2win.co.uk
Interviews to be conducted on 15th February 2022
Whilst our preference will be to hold interviews face to face at Bisham Abbey, the Covid situation at the time may mean that it is necessary to hold these online.
WHY WORK FOR US?! Take a look....
The EIS is a dynamic, growing and fast-moving organisation that will offer you a flexible, positive, stimulating and challenging work environment with real opportunities to make the best better. Working for the English Institute of Sport brings its rewards not only in its salary and benefits package, but also in the opportunities for learning and career development.
Our generous benefits package includes:
- 29 days paid holiday per year (pro rata for part time roles) plus 8 bank holidays
- Membership of EIS's Occupational Sick Pay Scheme from your first day of employment
- Automatic entry into BUPA health cash back plan for day to day expenses like dentist, eye tests, physio, etc.
- Generous pension scheme
- Discounts on Shopping, Entertainment, Travel and Lifestyle services through our Benefits portal
We are committed to creating an even more diverse and inclusive workforce that will bring different perspectives to our work. So that we can more closely reflect UK society, we particularly encourage applications from under-represented groups including Black, Asian and people with other ethnically diverse backgrounds, those with a disability or long-term health condition and people returning to work after a career break.
We also understand the importance of maintaining a healthy work-life balance, so all of our roles are open to flexible working and, in many cases, remote-working too. We ask only that you work with us to find an arrangement that meets our sports and business needs and enables you to perform the role in full, in a way that works for both of us.
|Interview Date||Tuesday, 15 February 2022|