Vote for us in The Ethnicity Awards!
Brentford FC Community Sports Trust - Youth Engagement Worker – Part time
|Hours of Work||14 hours pw although some flexibility may be possible)|
|Salary & Benefits||Pay rate: £23,000 to £25,000 (pro-rata) depending on qualifications / experience|
|Closing Date||26 Jan|
Brentford FC Community Sports Trust ("Trust")
BFCCST, established in 1987 is an award-winning charity with an annual income exceeding £2m. Working with key partners across the private, public and voluntary sectors it has achieved numerous accolades, including winning Football League Community Club of the Year award on four separate occasions. The Trust delivers programmes spanning sports participation, education, social inclusion, community cohesion and healthy lifestyles.
The Trust is realising further significant expansion this year following its appointment as a key partner in the redevelopment of Gunnersbury Park [as a sports hub], and its move to new, larger, purpose-built premises directly adjacent to the new Brentford FC 17,500 capacity stadium near Kew Bridge in 2021
Main Purpose of Job
To deliver after-school, early evening and potentially weekend sessions across Hounslow Boroughfor our Youth Support programme. These could include venue-based youth engagement sessions (8-12's, Girls support, young leaders training, employability skills etc), Easter to Summer Holiday Activity Programmes and potentially sports outreach and detached Youth Work sessions. The role will also include working alongside other local community groups to collaborate for the benefit of the local community and its young people.
1. To deliver focused centre-based activities e.g. 8 to 12's Youth Clubs, Girls support groups, Young Leaders, Youth Voice and Action Groups, Employability skills etc These should involve young people in the planning and delivery of the activities on offer, ensuring they are innovative and effective.
2. Build positive relationships with young people through detached and outreach youth work
3. To support the delivery of our Young Carers programmes across Ealing and Hounslow.
4. Build positive working relationships with key partners including community groups, and venue / other activity providers. Attend local network meetings / steering groups to understand the needs of the local community and young people, and to work together for the benefit of the community.
5. Work towards agreed KPI's, ensuring positive outcomes for local young people are achieved
6. Work with other Trust staff and partners to create joint programmes and progression routes for local young people. These include NCS and the new Training and Social Education Hub (Employability skills, Qualifications etc).
7. Work alongside partners such as the Police, Youth Offending Team and the Community Safety Team
to assist with targeted work.
8. Offer 1 to 1 / small group support work.
9. Other appropriate tasks as designated by the Department Senior Manager
Submit your CV and Cover Letter to the link below:
The closing date for applications is 26th January 2022
Please ensure you attach your documents to the application, any applications without
attachments will not be considered