Vote for us in The Ethnicity Awards!
Brentford FC Community Sports Trust - Casual Hours Gymnastics & Dance Coach
|Hours of Work||Casual Hours|
|Salary & Benefits|
|Closing Date||24 Jan|
Main Purpose of Job:
To provide Pre-school Gymnastics, Curriculum Gymnastics & Dance (PE) and extra-curricular gymnastic & dance sessions to children and young people. The post holder needs to be flexible and may work irregular hours (e.g. evenings) given the nature of the role.
General Trust Accountabilities
• To ensure compliance with all relevant policies, including health and safety and safeguarding policies
• To ensure compliance with all relevant legal, regulatory, ethical and social requirements
• To build and maintain good working relationships both internally and externally, always maintaining a professional image when representing Brentford FC Community Sports Trust
• To keep confidential any information gained regarding the Trust and its personnel
• To always maintain a flexible approach to work
- Minimum Level 1 gymnastics/dance coaching qualification
- Safeguarding certificate
- Emergency Aid certificate
- Current DBS
- Ability to work under own initiative and as part of a team
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, to establish and maintain good working relationships
- Experience in planning and delivering gymnastics sessions, in extra-curricular environments
- Experience in understanding and commitment to physical education, sport and long-term athlete development
- Ability to travel to variety of workplaces within West London utilising own transport
- Flexible to work outside normal office hours
- To deliver gymnastics sessions, with the flexibility to ensure all participants are offered coaching at a level appropriate to their ability and support needs.
- Develop relationships with participants, teaching staff, support workers/carers, parents and other key partners/stakeholders to ensure effective session delivery.
- Keep up to date monitoring including registers, risk assessments and any relevant reporting documents.
- To access all Quality Assurance staff training offered by the Trust during the term of employment
- To ensure all equipment is available and well maintained.
- Provide feedback to teachers, coaches and parents where appropriate
- Ensure they are aware of any medical issues concerning the participants.
- Actively promote relevant trust offers
- Gymnastics Level 2 qualification
- Dance Qualification
- Preschool Gymnastics Qualifications
- Computer Literate (Microsoft Office) / IT skills
- Minimum 12 months' experience in delivering coaching sessions preferably within a school environment
- An understanding of the structure of School games
- Other NGB sports qualifications
BFC CST Employment Conditions
The job holder will commit and conform to Brentford FC Community Sports Trust's procedures & codes of conduct, including our Child Protection Policy, Equal Opportunities Policy and Health and Safety at work – reflecting the Trust's commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The job holder will have responsibility for promoting: ethics, safeguarding and the welfare of children – the Trust expects all staff to share this commitment. The job holder will be provided with a Contract of Employment (detailing all terms and conditions) and a Brentford FC Community Sports Trust staff handbook.
This is a position of trust and involves regular and direct contact with children (under 18s), and is subject to CRB Disclosure at Enhanced Level, satisfactory references and a three-month probationary period. There could potentially be a delay in the start of the programme pending the completion of the DBS process. This job description gives a general outline of the post and is not intended to be inflexible or a final list of duties. It may therefore be amended from time-to-time in consultation with the post holder. Appointment is subject to the Terms and Conditions of service of Brentford FC Community Sports Trust.
This job description is correct as of January 2022 and will be subject to inclusion of changes that are needed to cope with the needs of the job and in the interests of health and safety. The post is under regular review and all changes that occur in practice will be deemed to be incorporated into this job description whether or not a written change is made.
Please forward your CV and a covering letter to:
Martin Bradshaw (Community Development Manager)
Ellie Morley (Head Gymnastics Coach)
Interview Date: TBC