Organisation British Gymnastics
Location Based from home with time spent at Lilleshall National Sports Centre
Hours of Work 37 hours per week
Salary & Benefits Salary range £19,280 to £25,700 per annum (dependent upon experience) + contributory pension + 34 days annual leave (includes Bank Holidays and Company Days)
Closing Date 10 February
We are looking for two Schools Partnership Officers, one permanent and one maternity cover, to build and grow relationships with partners delivering gymnastics in schools, in line with the Participation Department Strategic Plan to increase participation opportunities and to improve the quality of delivery. The successful candidate will drive the implementation of British Gymnastics products, designed to increase the delivery of extra-curricular gymnastics, alongside creating and maintaining vital partnerships with third party coaching providers, as well as supporting the delivery of School Games levels 1-3 and the delivery of the British Gymnastics Student Enrichment Programme. The maternity cover post will be for approximately 9 months.
The main responsibilities of the role are:
* Maintain strong, positive relationships with major third party coaching providers at national and local level, servicing their needs to deliver the outcomes agreed in the Service Level Agreements.
* Deliver support and guidance to partner third party coaching providers at national and local level to ultimately grow participation within the schools they operate in.
* Work with partner coaching providers to acquire additional schools to deliver gymnastics in, using insight to specifically target areas with demand.
* Use data from current deliverers to show the impact and opportunities for other potential deliverers. E.g. case studies, financial models of good practice.
* Provide reports to evidence progress, success and impact of the interventions delivered across all aspects of the role.
* Maintain strong, positive relationships with major stakeholders such as the Youth Sport Trust with a focus on the School Games.
* Coordinate training to School Games Organisers for them to successfully deliver quality competitions and to standardise the approach across the country.
Applicants will need to demonstrate:
* An ability to build and maintain meaningful working relationships with internal and external stakeholders including partners and colleagues.
* Effective communication skills including verbal, written, listening and negotiation skills.
* Knowledge and understanding of gymnastics in schools and Higher Education as well as the management and delivery structure of third party coaching providers across the education sector.
* Good understanding of British Gymnastics products that are available across the education sector.
* Knowledge and understanding of monitoring the delivery and impact of programmes and initiatives.
* An ability to use initiative and problem solve when faced with challenges.
British Gymnastics is an equal opportunities employer and aims to provide a discrimination-free working environment. We are committed to an action plan and policy in line with the Equality Act 2010, which ensures that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment because of a protected characteristic.
To apply for this post please visit the Careers at BG page on our website at www.british-gymnastics.org
Please indicate on your covering letter or CV to confirm which post you are applying for.
Closing date for applications: Midnight on Sunday, 10th February 2019
Interview date for successful applicants: 19th and 20th February 2019 at Lilleshall National Sports Centre
Proposed start date: April 2019No files available