Organisation British Gymnastics
Location Based from home with time spent at Lilleshall National Sports Centre weekly
Hours of Work 37 hours
Salary & Benefits Salary range £30,680 to £40,900 per annum (dependent upon experience) + contributory pension + 34 days annual leave (includes Bank Holidays & Company Days)
Closing Date 27 November
The main purpose of this role is to drive the development of quality recreational gymnastics opportunities in line with the Participation Department Work Plan. As a subject matter expert for recreation gymnastics, the role holder will have a thorough understanding of how recreational gymnastics is delivered in different gymnastics environments working with colleagues, other departments and stakeholders to lead and support participation opportunities. The role holder will have a drive, passion and ambition to improve the opportunities for recreational gymnasts, understanding their motivations for taking part in the sport and the role gymnastics has as a foundation sport.
The role includes the management and development of recreational gymnastics products and programmes including those specifically targeting inclusion; along with, management of the Recreational Gymnastics Team and being responsible for the allocation of resources including budgeting accountability.
The main responsibilities of the role are:
* Working with the Head of Participation, strategically plan the development of recreational gymnastics across four key areas – Clubs, Leisure Centres, Schools and Inclusion.
* Continually improving understanding of recreational gymnastics through Club, Leisure Centre and School visits, attending meetings with key stakeholders and providers to keep up to date with trends and the changing landscape in different environments.
* Championing recreational gymnastics, representing the wants and needs of participants at internal meetings and regularly presenting to other departments and project groups to ensure these needs are met.
* Be responsible for the development of quality recreational gymnastics products through the delivery and management of product lifecycles linked to all recreational gymnastics products
* Successfully Project Manage new product development, including the writing of product documentation, the management of timescales, budgeting for project spanning multiple years, collating of insight and feedback and the delivery of tasks and interventions
* Management of the Recreational Gymnastics Team spanning, product development, inclusion and international festivals
* Building the Recreational Gymnastics Team through motivating and inspiring them in their work. Supporting them to overcome barriers and to generate new ways of
achieving success, managing the performance and outcomes of the team and where necessary leading on remedial actions
* Planning, forecasting and managing the budget required to deliver the interventions within the strategy
Applicants will need to demonstrate the following essential requirements:
* A passion for recreational gymnastics
* An in-depth knowledge and understanding of Recreational Gymnastics across a range of environments
* A solid understanding of the people who deliver recreational gymnastics across the array of different environments
* An understanding of project and product management
* Previous line management experience
* An understanding of equality and diversity in sport
* Strong interpersonal skills for influencing actions, communicating change and managing other
* Energy and enthusiasm for driving the department work plan forward and achieving results
* High attention to detail to produce high quality products
* An ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with a wide range of colleagues, partners and stakeholder
British Gymnastics is an equal opportunities employer and aims to provide a discrimination-free working environment. We are committed to an action plan and policy in line with the Equality Act 2010, which ensures that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment because of a protected characteristic.
To apply for this post please visit the Careers at BG page on our Website at www.british-gymnastics.org
Closing date for applications: Midnight on Tuesday, 27th November 2018
Interview date: 10th and 11th December 2018No files available