Organisation Badminton England
Location Milton Keynes
Hours of Work Attend approximately four meetings per year
Salary & Benefits All reasonable 'out of pocket expenses will be reimbursed, refreshments are provided; travel is paid at 45p per mile.
Closing Date 21 May
Focus - pursuing goals with clarity, drive and determination
Ambition - striving to attain excellence with motivation and passion
Courage - having the confidence to evolve by making the right decisions for the right reasons
Teamwork - understanding and respecting each others' roles and being a supportive unified team
To be one of the Nation's most popular sports and consistently win medals at World, Olympic and Paralympic level
The main focus areas of the Performance Board will be to support our objectives within Discover Badminton: our Strategic Intent for 2017-2021 is to Win World, Olympic and Paralympic Medals.
* To be a system that identifies and develops player potential.
* To be a system that delivers consistent World Class performances.
* Review and challenge activity related measures of success.
* Live our values of Focus, Ambition, Courage and Teamwork.
Currently all members of the Performance Board are recommended by the Chair of the Performance Board for agreement by the Board of Directors. This will be done on an annual basis but for continuity we are looking for a two year commitment.
The voluntary role is a working position and will be required to attend up to four meetings per year (each meeting typically lasts three to four hours on a weekday). All meetings are held at the National Badminton Centre, Milton Keynes, Bucks MK8 9LA.
Scope and Accountabilities:
* To support the Performance Board in its work to Win World, Olympic & Paralympic Medals.
* Review progress, monitor and challenge the business plan objectives agreed by the Board of Directors.
* To receive and discuss reports from Performance against Badminton England's business plan objectives.
* Understand the critical success factor(s) relating to the work of the Performance Team and monitor, evaluate and challenge plans and proposals, and report back to the Board of Directors as and when required.
* Provide advice and support to the Performance Team's plans and proposals through informed challenge and debate.
The post-holder shares with all colleagues the responsibility to:
* make suggestions to improve the environment within Badminton England;
* cooperate with measures introduced to ensure there is equality of opportunity;
* comply with all aspects of Health and Safety Policy and arrangements
Key Skills, Experience and Qualities:
* Experience of leading or coaching to an Olympic, Paralympic and/or World level in the last two Olympic cycles.
* Experience/knowledge/understanding of Coach Education including the development and implementation of strategies to develop high performing coaches.
* Ex athlete who has competed to a World, Olympic or Paralympic level.
* Experience of working with the management committee or structure of a club, league, county, (other sport experience would be relevant).
* Excellent knowledge / experience of World Badminton and / or differing performance methods and systems across International Sport.
* An understanding and acceptance of the corporate responsibilities and confidentiality required of Performance Board members.
* An understanding of the political environment and how Badminton England's relationship with partners / agencies that fund elite sport and how UK/SE Governance affects sport and physical activity.
* A commitment to the goals of badminton and of Badminton England as an organisation, and willingness to be available for advice and enquiries on an ad hoc basis.
* Ability to constructively present own point of view and that of others to support Badminton England.
* Successfully demonstrate their commitment to our values of Focus, Ambition, Courage and Teamwork.
This job description is not to be regarded as exclusive or exhaustive. It is intended as an outline indication of the areas of activity and will be amended in the light of the changing needs of the organisation.
Interviews will take place at the National Badminton Centre, Milton Keynes MK8 9LA on Thursday 27th June 2019.
If sufficient high-quality applications have been received, we reserve the right to close the position early. Please ensure that you apply without delay to avoid disappointment.
Badminton England is committed to equality & diversity and welcomes applications from everyone regardless of background, origin, gender, religion, nationality, marital status, sexual orientation or disability.No files available