Location St George's Park, near Burton upon Tren
Hours of Work Contract, Freelance
Salary & Benefits Fixed term contract for 18 months
Closing Date 18 September
The Football Association
National Specialist Development Coaches
Based at St George's Park, near Burton upon Trent
Win the World Cup in 2022 and 2023 and sustain success thereafter
To deliver against this inspiring goal we are changing how we work, reallocating resources and investing heavily to create a team of exceptional people capable of creating winning England teams at our world-class training facilities at St George's Park in Staffordshire.
This is a unique and exciting time to join The FA in an integral role to the organisation achieving its goals.
One of The FA seven strategic objectives is to be 'A world-leading education programme for a diverse football workforce'. So, The FA has put coaching and the development of quality coaches at all levels, front and centre of its agenda and is taking some positive action to widen the diversity of the coaching talent pool. It's a major commitment and investment from The FA to improve BAME male and all female coach representation within the National teams, creating a better reflection of ethnicity and gender in key positions and providing new pathways for aspiring coaches and players.
Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) male and all female coaches continue to be significantly under-represented at the top levels of the men and women's game. The FA has looked inwardly at this under-representation and is committed to developing greater equality of opportunities that includes ensuring more under-represented coaches are obtaining relevant qualifications and gaining essential experience to challenge for elite and national coaching roles in football, demonstrating a commitment to address the challenge within The FA and the elite level.
The long-term aim is to improve the talent pool of not only coaches but those who understand the England DNA and what is expected at international level. Whilst The FA is not a club, it is uniquely placed with the Technical division, including FA Education and the England team operations based at St George's Park, to provide excellent learning and professional development opportunities – and this is why The FA National Development Coach Programme has been introduced.
Reporting to The FA Coach Inclusion and Diversity Manager, the post-holder will gain vital knowledge, understanding and skills through formal, non-formal and informal learning and development opportunities that will enable them to confidently challenge for elite and national coaching roles.
The post-holder will also support, in collaboration with other National Coaches, the development and practical delivery of a comprehensive, world leading coaching strategy. This will include the team tactical and individual technical components to create an inspirational learning experience for players, along with a competitive advantage to England players and teams.
- Assist in the coordination of the consistent delivery of the other National Coaches
- In collaboration with other national coaches and talent identification staff, assist in the development of detailed positional role profiles for the in and out of possession model
- Analysis and coding of opposition team in and out of possession strategies, tactics and techniques to inform the development of team game plans
- In collaboration with other national coaches, assist in the development and delivery of detailed position and individual specific training programmes to improve the techniques of players for International Football
- In collaboration with other national coaches, assist in the development and delivery of world leading attacking set-piece strategies and tactics
- Assist in the delivery and development of technical and tactical components of transition from defence to attack for defined national teams.
- Track, support and develop players with the England Development pathway
- Working within the England DNA with particular reference to How we Play and How we Coach
- Ensure outstanding recorded preparation delivery and review of all work undertaken
- Work collaboratively within a multidisciplinary team to support the creation of a consistent outstanding learning, and development environment for all players
- Executes additional tasks as required in order to meet FA Group changing priorities
Male applicants must be of BAME origin and are required to:
- Be aged 18 years or older
- Hold The FA Level 4 (UEFA A) in Coaching Football qualification or higher
Female (open to all female) applicants are required to:
- Be aged 18 years or older
- Hold or be working towards The FA Level 4 (UEFA A) in Coaching Football qualification or higher
- Member of the Licensed Coaches Club
- Experience in coaching and development of elite players
- Proven ability to systematically analyse and communicate technical and tactical coaching information
- Demonstrates an inspirational coaching style with the ability to utilise a variety of styles
- Successful track record in player development
- Understanding the England DNA
- Understanding of EPPP
This is a full time fixed term contract for 18 months (commencing January 2018 until June 2019) based at St George's Park.
If you believe you have what it takes to make a difference to England Team success, please apply via the link below.
The deadline for applications is midnight, 18th September 2017.
A competitive salary and benefits package is available for the successful candidate.
The Football Association Group promotes Equal Opportunities in employment, and welcomes applications from all parts of the community. If you have any particular requirements in respect of the recruitment or interview process please mention this in your covering letter.
Further details please click here.
No files available
Return to Vacancies