Organisation Muslim Women's Sports Foundation
Hours of Work 2.5 days/week
Salary & Benefits £8400 March 2019- January 2020 ( 40 weeks fixed term)
Closing Date 31 January
ABOUT THE ROLE
The main purpose of the MWSF Media & Communications Coordinator role is to ensure continuous positive media coverage and internal communications as we deliver our British Muslim Women's teams.
The MWSF Media & Communications Coordinator will provide a full range of media, PR and communications delivery, ensuring a professional image of the organisation is maintained at all times. A degree of flexibility with regard to both working hours and practices is required in order to meet deadlines/timescales. The MWSF Media & Communications Coordinator will also support the growth and development of the charity and there is a potential to extend the initial period if the charity is successful in its aims through this time.
The Muslim Women's Sport Foundation (MWSF) is a volunteer led charity set up in 2001 with the overarching aim to promote opportunities for Muslim women to participate in a variety of sports without compromising their religious or cultural values. Through catering to and raising awareness of their needs we aim to increase the numbers of Muslim women involved in sport through playing, coaching, refereeing and/or volunteering. Through this, we aim to use sport as a means for social development.
With vast knowledge and experience of sport, health, media, business and the BAME and Muslim communities, the MWSF over the last 18 years has developed a distinct reputation nationally and internationally for its extensive work in the field of women's sport. We set the standard and drive the agenda for our industry through consultancy, campaigns/awareness work and research in this field.
This is a very exciting time for the MWSF as the launch of the British Muslim Women's Team will create a huge step-change in the involvement of Muslim women in sport in the UK – we hope you choose to join the movement!
POSITION IN ORGANISATION
Reports to: MWSF Head of Operations
Responsible for: Team coaches' and players' communications and outreach programmes
Main relationships: Liaises internally with the Board of Trustees, team coaches, players and volunteers. Liaises externally with all communications related contacts.
SCOPE OF THE JOB
To take the lead role in maximising the outputs of the British Muslim Women's Teams by:
• Designing and managing all aspects of the media and communications plan for the project • Identifying and innovating for new opportunities, e.g. applying for recognition Awards for
publicity and increasing awareness and therefore reach of project
• Contributing to team and organisational work
• Quality assurance, including some travelling to ensure quality of project delivery
DUTIES AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
Key overall responsibilities
• Successful delivery of all outcomes agreed with funders for the British Muslim women's teams relating to media, outreach and communications
• Working closely with the MWSF Head of Operations to promote the MWSF's work both internally and externally
• Supporting the Board of Trustees where required
Managing and coordinating all aspects of the designated project relating to media, outreach
• Proactively designing and managing all aspects of the media and communications plan for the project
• Identifying, developing and maintaining key relationships
• Creating, writing and coordinating professional, accurate and timely reports
To contribute to team/organisational work
• To lead and manage by example, and to encourage team work
• To foster a 'can do' culture of by actively seeking solutions to problems
• To take responsibility for the project, which may require independent working
• To provide formal progress reports to the Board of Trustees at each meeting held by the
• To support the MWSF Head of Operations in all areas relating to media, outreach and
• Actively contribute to the MWSF as a team
• Operate within organisational policies and practices
• Undertake other tasks as directed
• Be responsible for your own administration, including paperwork and filing
This job description does not form part of your contract of employment but indicated likely tasks. The duties laid down in this job description may change following a review and in consultation between the postholder and the Board of Trustees.
Person Specification - MWSF Media & Communications Coordinator
METHOD OF ASSESSMENT
Knowledge and Experience
- Previous experience in a similar role (essential)
- Relevant experience in voluntary/not-for-profit sector (desirable)
- Able to generate routine memos/letters/management information in reply to inquiries for self and others (essential)
- Able to communicate well – both orally and in writing (essential)
- Able to work on own initiative, problem solving and making sound decisions is essential. The individual should be able to work under pressure by prioritising own workload within timescales
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills, with the ability to
develop strong positive relationships internally and externally
- Enthusiastic champion and passion for Muslim women's sport and the MWSF's aims and objectives (essential)
- Ability to work collaboratively together within and throughout the MWSF and with external bodies (essential)
- Ability to challenge constructively, manage disagreements and think creatively (essential)
- Understanding of sport at all levels (desirable)
- Willingness to devote the necessary time, enthusiasm, energy
and effort to continue the growth of the MWSF (essential)
- Be flexible with regard to working hours to meet the needs of
organisational timescales and demands (essential)
- Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times (essential)
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying to be the MWSF Media & Communications Coordinator , please provide the information below and an up to date CV.
Please tell us how you meet the person specification above.
Please tell us your reasons/motivations for wanting to join the MWSF.
Your application can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with the reference 'MWSF Media & Communications Coordinator 2019'. The deadline for applications is Monday 31st January 2019.