Organisation Muslim Women's Sports Foundation
Hours of Work 2 days/week
Salary & Benefits £8400 March 2019- January 2020 ( 40 weeks fixed term)
Closing Date 31 January
The main purpose of the MWSF Head of Operations role is to ensure the smooth running of the organisation as we deliver our British Muslim Women's teams. The MWSF Head of Operations will lead and manage the project effectively, and will ensure that deliverables are completed on time, on budget and to agreed quality standards. The role also requires the person to contribute to marketing and developing the work and supervising the work of the MWSF Communications Coordinator.
The MWSF Head of Operations will provide a full range of support services to the Board of Trustees ensuring a professional image of the organisation is maintained at all times. The MWSF Head of Operations will be the first point of contact for many internal and external contacts, managing, delegating and directing queries to the most appropriate resource. A degree of flexibility with regard to both working hours and practices is required in order to meet deadlines/timescales. The MWSF Head of Operations will also support the growth and development of the charity and there is a potential to extend the initial period if the charity is successful in its aims through this time.
The Muslim Women's Sport Foundation (MWSF) is a volunteer led charity set up in 2001 with the overarching aim to promote opportunities for Muslim women to participate in a variety of sports without compromising their religious or cultural values. Through catering to and raising awareness of their needs we aim to increase the numbers of Muslim women involved in sport through playing, coaching, refereeing and/or volunteering. Through this, we aim to use sport as a means for social development.
With vast knowledge and experience of sport, health, media, business and the BAME and Muslim communities, the MWSF over the last 18 years has developed a distinct reputation nationally and internationally for its extensive work in the field of women's sport. We set the standard and drive the agenda for our industry through consultancy, campaigns/awareness work and research in this field.
This is a very exciting time for the MWSF as the launch of the British Muslim Women's Team will create a huge step-change in the involvement of Muslim women in sport in the UK – we hope you choose to join the movement!
POSITION IN ORGANISATION
Reports to: Board of Trustees
Responsible for: Supervises MWSF Communications Coordinator, team coaches, players and volunteers, as and when required.
Main relationships: Liaises internally with the Board of Trustees, team coaches, players and volunteers. Liaises externally with current and potential funders, facilitators (including those facilitating the delivery), publicity contacts, partner organisations and networking contacts.
SCOPE OF THE JOB
To take the lead role in maximising the outputs of the British Muslim Women's Teams by:
• Managing and coordinating all aspects of the designated project
• Identifying and developing new opportunities
• Contributing to team and organisational work
• Quality assurance, including some travelling to ensure quality of project delivery
DUTIES AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
Key overall responsibilities
• Successful delivery of all outcomes agreed with funders for the British Muslim women's teams, as per Project Deliverables document which will be shared with the successful applicant
• Organising and managing fundraising initiatives and opportunities for the work to continue and grow throughout 2020 and beyond
• Working closely with and overseeing the work of the MWSF Communications Coordinator to promote the MWSF's work both internally and externally
• Supporting the Board of Trustees in their operational work Managing and coordinating all aspects of the designated project
• Proactively coordinating the project and acting as central point of contact for the project team including Board of Trustees, facilitators, and project volunteers
• Actively managing project contracts, finances and personnel to ensure projects are delivered within time and budget
• Identifying, developing and maintaining key relationships
• Creating, writing and coordinating professional, accurate and timely reports
• Managing project volunteers and those delivering the project in their day to day work
• Ensuring consistent and accurate administration of the project including:
o Maintaining databases
o Mail merging and distribution of invitations or information o Managing logistics
To contribute to team/organisational work
• To lead and manage by example, and to encourage team work
• To foster a 'can do' culture of by actively seeking solutions to problems
• To take responsibility for the project, which may require independent working
• Help to maintain and develop the organisation's policies and resources
• To provide formal progress reports to the Board of Trustees at each meeting held by the
• Actively contribute to the MWSF as a team
• Assist in the development of systems and protocols
• Operate within organisational policies and practices
• Undertake other tasks as directed
• Be responsible for your own administration, including paperwork and filing
This job description does not form part of your contract of employment but indicated likely tasks. The duties laid down in this job description may change following a review and in consultation between the postholder and the Board of Trustees.
Person Specification - MWSF Head of Operations
METHOD OF ASSESSMENT
Knowledge and Experience
- Previous experience in a similar role (desirable)
- Relevant experience in voluntary/not-for-profit sector (desirable)
- Able to generate routine memos/letters/management information in reply to inquiries for self and others (essential)
- Able to communicate well – both orally and in writing (essential)
- Able to work on own initiative, problem solving and making sound decisions is essential. The individual should be able to work under pressure by prioritising own workload within timescales
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills, with the ability to
develop strong positive relationships internally and externally
- Enthusiastic champion and passion for Muslim women's sport and the MWSF's aims and objectives (essential)
- Ability to work collaboratively together within and throughout the MWSF and with external bodies (essential)
- Ability to challenge constructively, manage disagreements and think creatively (essential)
- Understanding of sport at all levels (desirable)
- Willingness to devote the necessary time, enthusiasm, energy
and effort to continue the growth of the MWSF (essential)
- Be flexible with regard to working hours to meet the needs of
organisational timescales and demands (essential)
- Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times (essential)
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying to be the MWSF Head of Operations, please provide the information below and an up to date CV.
Please tell us how you meet the person specification above.
Please tell us your reasons/motivations for wanting to join the MWSF.
Your application can be sent to email@example.com with the reference 'MWSF Head of Operations 2019'. The deadline for applications is Monday 31st January 2019.