Organisation British Gymnastics
Location Based at Lilleshall National Sport Centre
Hours of Work 37 hours per week 12 months Temporary Contract
Salary & Benefits Salary circa £28,000 per annum (dependent upon experience) + pension benefit + 34 days annual leave (includes Bank Holidays and Company Days)
Closing Date 22 July
The main purpose of this role is to support the delivery of the British Gymnastics Foundation (BGF) Fundraising Strategy, to raise awareness of the public benefit work of the Foundation and generate significant income; a hands-on role, maximising opportunities through events and initiatives for individuals, corporate businesses and other partners to donate, support or engage with the Foundation.
The main responsibilities of the role are:
- Working with colleagues in BGF, IT, Corporate Partnerships and Volunteering to determine the needs and uses of a Supporter Database e.g. supporter segmentation based on motivation and potential for involvement/type of involvement, targeted activity and reporting, engagement and recognition programmes etc.
- Proactively identifying and targeting potential supporters/supporter groups to grow the database e.g. Gymnastics Clubs, Community Groups, Rotary Groups etc.
- Working with colleagues in Marketing and Communications to design and deliver a Marketing and Communications Plan to include a range of data acquisition campaigns, engagement campaigns, event promotions and regular communications and up-dates
- Working with colleagues in IT and Marketing to maintain and update the BGF website and social media platforms; writing news stories and case studies to promote the BGF public benefit programmes and the activities and achievements of BGF fundraisers and supporters.
- Taking the BGF lead role for designated fundraising or profile-raising events, providing hands-on co-ordination of all event requirements, working to specific financial and non-financial targets
- Where appropriate, working with event colleagues from across the business, providing a platform for BGF promotion, supporter recruitment and engagement, and fundraising activities at existing BG events
- In conjunction with colleagues in BGF and Corporate Partnerships, developing and delivering targeted strategies and activities for donor development and corporate partnerships e.g. donation appeals, legacy opportunities, corporate social responsibility engagement programmes etc.
- Providing Account Management support to corporate partnerships e.g. supporting the development and delivery of their 'Charity of the Year' plan, supporting their communications and staff engagement plans, ensuring CSR and financial commitments to BGF are realised etc.
The ideal individual will have/be able to demonstrate:
- Expert knowledge and understanding of effective fundraising models (corporate, group and individual), their structures and activities.
- Experience of marketing, creative writing, event management
- Experience of database and budget management
- Excellent interpersonal, networking and communication skills and the ability to build strong working relationships with BGF management and Trustees and a range of colleagues from across BG.
- Excellent planning, prioritising & organisational skills
- Have an understanding of the gymnastics infrastructure
- Presentation and Public Speaking Skills
- Have competent administration/IT skills
- Ability to work in a team and on own initiative
- Ability to work flexibly and work out of office hours and at weekends when necessary
- A full UK driving licence and access to a car for work.
British Gymnastics is an equal opportunities employer and aims to provide a discrimination-free working environment. We are committed to an action plan and policy in line with the Equality Act 2010, which ensures that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment because of a protected characteristic.
To apply for this post please visit www.british-gymnastics.org
Closing date for applications: Midnight on Sunday, 22nd July 2018
Interview date: Thursday, 2nd August 2018
Interviews will be held at Lilleshall National Sports Centre
No files available
Return to Vacancies