Organisation British Gymnastics
Location Lilleshall National Sports Centre
Hours of Work 37 hours
Salary & Benefits Salary range £18,000 to £24,000 per annum (dependent upon experience) + contributory pension + 34 days annual leave (includes Bank Holidays and Company Days)
Closing Date 17 February
The Events Team at British Gymnastics put on some of the best Gymnastics Events in the world, from British Championships in all disciplines to prestigious Internationals including World and European Championships. They ensure that our Gymnasts get the very best competitive experiences.
Working as part of the Events Team, the successful candidate will be supporting the Events Manager with the successful coordination and delivery of a number of designated events around the UK. It is important to note that in order to attend and work at the events, this role includes working away from home and working weekends.
The main responsibilities of the role are:
* Working with the Event Manager and relevant TC Competition Organisers from the planning stages through to delivery, including coordinating event scheduling and bookings for officials and volunteers for specific, participation based events.
* Assisting with the set-up/break-down and operational delivery of events, as required, including but not limited to supporting audience control, setting up event displays, registration of delegates and attending to VIPs requirements.
* Ensuring all event actions/deadlines are met and working at designated events to ensure they run smoothly and all tasks are completed.
* Working with venue operators, hotels, equipment and AV suppliers to provide the infrastructure necessary to deliver high quality, cost effective events
The ideal applicant will have/be able to demonstrate:
* Good general knowledge of gymnastics events operations and logistics
* Effective customer service and communication skills including good planning and organisational skills
* Efficient and accurate administration skills, including proficient computer skills
* The ability to work autonomously and within a team, using initiative when handling challenges and being able to build a working relationship with event partners, TCs and volunteers
* Hold a full UK driving licence and have access to a car for work.
British Gymnastics is an equal opportunities employer and aims to provide a discrimination-free working environment. We are committed to an action plan and policy in line with the
Equality Act 2010, which ensures that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment because of a protected characteristic.
To apply for this post please visit the Careers at British Gymnastics page on our Website at www.british-gymnastics.orgNo files available