Organisation Community Badminton
Location Dorset Badminton School, Dorset
Hours of Work 25-30 hours per week
Salary & Benefits £15-£25 per hour
Closing Date 27 April
Community Badminton is looking for an energetic and charismatic Badminton England Coach to deliver, support and enhance Dorset Badminton School's junior and adult coaching programmes.
Dorset Badminton School is a newly established county-wide badminton programme which is partnered with Badminton England, Dorset Badminton and Yonex. It is Community Badminton's fourth county-wide programme, the first School in Oxon currently has over 130 players with the aim to encourage the increase of grassroots participation.
Dorset Badminton School will launch in October 2018 with weekly group coaching in the Wimborne, Christchurch, Poole, Wareham, Dorchester and Blandford areas.
The job will initially start in September 2018 to involve the delivery of school taster sessions promoting the programme, progressing to the full programme in October 2018.
The role in October will guarantee a minimum of 20-25 hours of scheduled coaching sessions per week alongside additional individuals. There is scope to expand quickly to 30-40-hours per week.
The successful candidate will have a passion for badminton and in developing a coaching programme, have excellent communication and organisation skills and high levels of professionalism.
This is an excellent opportunity to be part of an exciting new project, join a strong and innovative organisation and work with driven and supportive people.
For more information about Community Badminton, visit: www.communitybadminton.org
• Deliver the coaching programme and holiday camps in-line with the schools' scheme of work
• Increase participation on all coaching programmes
• Develop, maintain and enhance the existing coaching programmes
• Support in establishing new venue links
• Support the promotion of the coaching programmes
• To be available to offer individual lessons to players
• Actively support and encourage juniors to start competing in competitions within the programme, in Community Badminton match-plays and tournaments and other Badminton England sanctioned tournaments
• Identify young talent amongst the juniors and getting them to play more badminton
The coach will help the school and Community Badminton:
• Maintain the standard of play on the programme or raise it to a higher level
• Encourage players to play badminton and improve their game
• Increase membership numbers by enhancing the schools' credibility
• Actively source new players and help promote and market the place to play
• Act as a point of contact for players and interact on a social and coaching level
• Optimise facilities and resources and help advance the schools overall development
• Support in the design, marketing and delivery of the programme • Help organise competition for your adult and junior players
Essentials/Qualifications Essential or desirable - Identified by CV & Certificates
• Minimum of a Licenced UKCC level 2 or equivalent (E)
• Hold a current DBS and first aid qualification (E)
• Must have a full drivers licence and have access to a car (E)
• Willingness to work unsocial hours, evening and weekends (E)
Experience, skills and knowledge Essential or desirable - Identified by CV, Interview & Test
• Have a good understanding of the Badminton England coaching structure (E)
• Have previous experience in delivering a junior programme and coaching groups of players including mini, junior and adults (E)
• Good MS Word, Excel skills and ability to use emails (E)
• Experience in marketing coaching programmes in local communities and schools (E)
• Experience in managing coaches and assistance (D)
• Experience in working with club committees (D)
• Have the ability to write structure coaching reports to feed back progress to committees (D)
Key Character - Identified by CV, interview and on court exercise
• Strong customer service ethos and desire to improve coaching services to customers (E)
• Reliable & Punctual (E)
• A positive 'can-do' attitude (E)
• Able to find common ground and resolve conflict (E)
• Motivated with the ability to listen (E)
• Highly organised and have a great attention to detail (E)
• Excellent communicator (E)
• Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team (E)
• Ability to deliver and maintain exceptional levels of customer care (E)
How to Apply?
If you would like to apply for this role, please email a covering letter and your CV to Julie Bradbury (Badminton Director) at Community Badminton: E-mail: Julie@communitybadminton.org Tel: 0800 888 6035