Hours of Work Full Time
Salary & Benefits
Closing Date 04 September
Play a leading part in cricket's flagship event – the ICC Cricket World Cup
• Bring strategic and tactical skills to deliver a world-class event
• Set new benchmarks in the standard of delivery for the ICC Cricket World Cup
• 10-team event will capture the imagination of the cricket world
The International Cricket Council (ICC) and the England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) are looking for a strategic thinker who can deliver the sports operations at the ICC Cricket World Cup in 2019.
The ICC Cricket World Cup is the flagship event in world cricket and attracts a worldwide television audience of 1.5bn people with hundreds of millions of others following on digital platforms and through traditional media.
It is vital that the candidate for this exciting vacancy has proven experience in a leadership role within an international sporting event and has significant operational experience. They need to be confident in building relationships with key stakeholders to ensure delivery of a truly remarkable ICC Cricket World Cup in 2019.
The role, which reports to the Managing Director, will be based at the Home of Cricket, Lord's, in London and will require the individual to have experience implementing tournament guidelines and strategies while working with other department heads to ensure the smooth running of operational elements.
As a senior member of the Local Organising Committee's Executive Team, the successful candidate will require the drive and leadership skills to inspire colleagues as well as internal and external stakeholders to deliver the best ICC Cricket World Cup the world has ever seen.
The role requires:
• Extensive experience in senior management roles successfully delivering international sporting events;
• Proven in-depth operational knowledge and leadership skills;
• Significant experience of managing teams across multiple sites and various disciplines;
• Third level qualification in Sport Business or Sport Management ;
If you would like to be part of this incredible 10-team tournament and possess the skills and experience outlined above, we would love to hear from you.