Organisation British Gymnastics
Hours of Work 37 hours per week
Salary & Benefits Salary £25,167- £41,190 per annum (dependent upon experience) + pension benefit + 34 days annual leave (includes Bank Holidays and Company Days)
Closing Date 29 May
British Gymnastics is on a roll. Participation and membership are rising, our fan base is growing, and our medal-winning British Team has never been so prolific. As one of the most successful sports governing bodies in the UK, we are thrilled with what's been achieved. This really is a remarkable time to be involved in gymnastics, and we are very proud of the part we have played in driving the development, delivery, promotion and success of the sport.
This is a new role within the organisation to consolidate, develop, drive and deliver a digital strategy to ensure best in class digital experiences for customers and audiences that will support business objectives for raising the profile of the organisation and the sport as well as helping to create lasting and valued relationships with all customers.
The main responsibilities of the role include:
• Take ownership of and develop strategy for optimising the user experience across all digital products currently spanning website, mobile applications, e-learning platform, intranet, club management portal, microsites and apps
• Line managing the Digital and Marketing Services Team in the delivery of a range of marketing and creative services to the business; establishing a digital centre of excellence, strengthening and expanding the service offering
• Working with a range of colleagues and user experience consultants to develop platform solutions, information architecture and digital friendly content for a range of end users from fans to deliverers of the sport and personalised experiences
• Monitor digital performance and identify opportunities for improvement; implement and integrate developments in line with strategies
• Support the Marketing & Communications operation during live major championships to deliver engaging, live event experiences through our digital hubs
• Providing consultation for the development of digital experiences, architecture and digital design; assisting with the identification and development of requirements, specifications and priorities for online delivery requirements, establishing KPIs, goals and metrics
• Providing consultation and expertise for the development of digital media, technology and emerging trends in response to shifting audience behaviour and trends etc.
The ideal individual will have/be able to demonstrate skills and experience for:
• Developing and implementing customer centric digital strategies, including using latest technology advancements such as personalisation
• Collaborative working with Designers and Developers for the development of sophisticated apps, portals, website and digital solutions which balance end user and business requirements – evidenced through the development of complex front end digital architecture/solutions
• Working with CMS platforms and related software, systems and applications, new media publishing and technology systems and processes
• Working with google analytics and analysing behavioural data
• Developing industry standard processes
• Team development, line management, project management, budget management, setting/monitoring digital metrics, managing workload and service requests etc.
It is anticipated that applicants will have relevant professional or academic qualifications.
For full details please see pdfRole Profile (146 KB)
British Gymnastics is an equal opportunities employer and aims to provide a discrimination-free working environment. We are committed to an action plan and policy in line with the Equality Act 2010, which ensures that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment because of a protected characteristic.
To apply for this post please complete and return an documentApplication Form (117 KB) , documentEquality Monitoring Form (45 KB) and a copy of your CV. To download an Application Form please visit www.british-gymnastics.org
Completed applications are to be returned by post or email to
British Gymnastics, HR Department, Lilleshall National Sports Centre, Newport, Shropshire TF10 9NB
Tel: 0345 129 7 129 ext 2398
Closing date for applications: 29th May
Interview date: 7th June 2017
Unfortunately, only applicants selected for interview will be contacted.