Organisation British Gymnastics
Location Lilleshall National Sports Centre
Hours of Work 37 hours per week
Salary & Benefits Salary up to £19,000 per annum (dependent upon experience) + contributory pension + 34 days annual leave (includes Bank Holidays & Company Days)
Closing Date 11 November
The overall purpose of this role is to support the Gymnastics Enterprise Ltd (GEL) Operational team through the timely and accurate Goods In processing; picking, packing and despatching of customer orders; returns; customer service and Pop Up Shops.
A typical day will see the role holder spend 9am to12 noon picking, packing and despatching orders and then focus on the tasks details below. You will also attend up to eight weekend Gymshop events per year running the pop-up shop which will involve selling directly to customers. This will require staying away overnight.
This is a varied and challenging role which will suit someone who is self-motivated and looking to gain experience across the whole area of commercial operation.
The main responsibilities of the role are:
- Accurate picking, packing and despatching of orders, both from online customers and internal departments.
- Accurate and timely checking of deliveries and putting products away in the correct locations and maintain pick and bulk stock locations
- Process customer returns in a timely and accurate manner, including dealing directly with the customer where needed.
- Track the reason for returns and report on each month and make recommendations to reduce the number of returns
- Assist in the planning and preparation for Pop-Up shops at major events
- Flexibility to work up to 5 weekends a year at local Gymshop Pop Up shops, setting up the shop, selling directly to the customers and returning stock after the event. These busy events are usually held at weekends and so you will need to be able to work as required.
Applicants will need to demonstrate:
- That you can manage a busy workload, working both individually and as part of our team to ensure that all tasks are completed on time and to a high standard
- Excellent numeracy skills and attention to detail, for checking stock levels and accurately picking orders
- Good literacy and computer skills so you will be confident learning to use our online shop despatch and courier services systems, and basic Word and Excel as required
- Excellent customer service, including patience and the ability to logically process and resolve problems and to work directly with customers at events
- Confident in lifting boxes, moving items around the warehouse, loading items in to the GEL van for events, and able to spend most of your working time actively working within the warehouse environment
- Previous sales order processing or invoicing experience is desirable
- Overall, you'll be a good team player, managing your own workload, supporting your colleagues and proactively looking to help with tasks during the week.
British Gymnastics is an equal opportunities employer and aims to provide a discrimination-free working environment. We are committed to an action plan and policy in line with the Equality Act 2010, which ensures that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment because of a protected characteristic.
To apply for this post please visit the Careers at BG page on our Website at www.british-gymnastics.org
Closing date for applications: Midnight on Sunday, 11th November 2018
Interview date: Wednesday, 21st November 2018
No files available
Return to Vacancies