Organisation Amateur Football Alliance
Hours of Work 35 hours p.w.
Salary & Benefits £27,000
Closing Date 28 January
Interim contract for 6 months
(Cover for Shared Parental Leave)
Salary: circa £27,000 (depending on experience)
The post-holder will provide proactive management of the Amateur FA's safeguarding work and will deliver the Safeguarding Operating Standard.
Responsibilities will include:
• Manage safeguarding cases for Amateur FA clubs, undertaking associated administration.
• Organise and administer, Safeguarding Children and Welfare Officer workshops.
• Manage poor practice Safeguarding cases across for Amateur FA clubs.
• Coordinate Safeguarding visits and audits of grassroots football clubs.
• Monitor compliance requirements for participants including Criminal Record Checks
• Deliver safeguarding presentations
• Deal with telephone and email enquiries; providing a very high level of customer service to
internal and external customers.
• Support the development of safeguarding training for Amateur FA staff and Volunteers.
The successful candidate will:
• Have knowledge of Safeguarding preferably in a sport, together with awareness of the Disclosure and Barring System.
• Experience requiring work to be prioritised as well as meet timescales.
• Deliver customer excellence.
• Work and contribute to a team.
• Be able to work in a confidential setting dealing with sensitive information.
• Willing to work evenings and weekends on occasions.
• High knowledge and experience using IT systems including Office, Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
• Have experience in delivering presentations.
• Be able to demonstrate the Amateur FA values of Member-focussed, Progressive, Working with Integrity, Teamwork and Professionalism.
A full job description can be downloaded from http://bit.ly/AFADSO.
Applicants should complete the Amateur FA Job Application Pack (http://bit.ly/DSOPack) and return to
Or via post to:
Jason Kilby, Chief Executive, Amateur FA, Unit 3, 7 Wenlock Road, London N1 7SL marked 'Private and Confidential'
As this role involves direct access to young persons under the age of eighteen, within the context of the job or any subsequently related activities or responsibilities, the successful candidate will undergo a thorough screening process, which will include an enhanced Criminal Records Check / DBS, to ensure their suitability for the role.
Amateur FA is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
The closing date for applications is Monday 28th January 2019 at 10am.
Interviews to be held on the week commencing Monday 4th February 2019