Organisation British Gymnastics
Location National role, based from home
Hours of Work 37 Hours - Maternity Cover
Salary & Benefits Salary is £16,500 - £22,000 per annum (dependent on experience) + contributory pension scheme + 34 days annual leave (includes Bank Holidays and Company Days)
Closing Date 12 June
We are looking for a maternity cover to support the set-up of sustainable festivals and entry level discipline specific and Gymnastics for All competitions. Managed by the Customer Relationship Manager (CRM), the role provides support to a region to enable them to prepare, plan and deliver inclusive recreational festivals and competitions specifically targeting 5-11 year olds. The post will support networks of clubs to deliver events, as well as working with the Regional Association to implement a region wide approach. The cover will be for 6 to 9 months.
The main responsibilities of the role are:
- Build strong, positive relationships with the event hosts to ensure the right support is offered which meets their needs
- Offer support to events hosts in the preparation of their event and encourage them to utilise the downloadable Events Guide
- Work with the event hosts to succession plan for the event itself and for the workforce to deliver, including helping them to understand how to budget for the event successfully.
- Lead by the CRM, work with the Regional Association and clubs to establish the required competitions for that area.
- Once the direction has been agreed, work with the Gymnastics Participation Product Officer to implement the festival/competition requirements.
- Build and maintain a strong positive relationship with the Regional Association to enable the implementation of the plan.
- Generate the recruitment of volunteers to support the planning and preparation as well as the delivery of these events.
- Support the delivery of recreational gymnastics events at local and regional level
The ideal individual will have/be able to demonstrate:
- An understanding of recreational Gymnastics festivals and competitions and the preparation and delivery of events.
- Have an understanding of the roles people have in Gymnastics Clubs and in Regional Associations.
- Have competent administration/IT skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, communication skills and the ability to build strong relationships with colleagues, volunteers, clubs, regions and other stakeholders
- Ability to work in a team and on your own initiative
- Ability to contribute at and lead meetings, collating feedback and representing the organisation and championing BG programmes.
- A broad knowledge of gymnastics and its disciplines
- A full UK driving licence and access to a car for work.
- A positive attitude towards work, and the ability to self-motivate to ensure tasks are completed whilst working remotely.
British Gymnastics is an equal opportunities employer and aims to provide a discrimination-free working environment. We are committed to an action plan and policy in line with the Equality Act 2010, which ensures that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment because of a protected characteristic.
Closing date for applications: Midday on Wednesday, 12th June 2019
Interview date: Thursday, 20th June 2019
Interviews will be held at Lilleshall National Sports Centre, Nr Newport, Shropshire
No files available
Return to Vacancies