Organisation British Gymnastics
Hours of Work 37 hours per week
Salary & Benefits Salary £25,167- £ 41,190 per annum (dependent upon experience) + pension benefit + 34 days annual leave (includes Bank Holidays and Company Days)
Closing Date 31 May
British Gymnastics is on a roll. Participation and membership are rising, our fan base is growing, and our medal-winning British Team has never been so prolific. As one of the most successful sports governing bodies in the UK, we are thrilled with what's been achieved. This really is a remarkable time to be involved in gymnastics, and we are very proud of the part we have played in driving the development, delivery, promotion and success of the sport.
We now want to develop and expand our communications capability to drive positive outcomes using communication strategies and best practice to positively influence customer perception and experience. To achieve this, we are looking to recruit an experienced Communications Manager.
The main responsibilities of the role include:
• Optimising the Communications service function within the Marketing & Communications Department to establish a best practice service operation; line managing and develop the Communications Team and managing workload through the department
• Working with stakeholders, recommending and creating communication guidelines and governance to protect and manage customer relationships and brand reputation (internal and external)
• Working collaboratively with Home Countries, delivery partners, Regional communication teams etc. to align communications strategies and activities
• Providing consultancy to colleagues for the creation and implementation of bespoke communication plans to support new projects, programmes and services; overseeing the implementation of the plans
• Working with the Digital Manager, Brand Manager and Customer Experience Manager to recommend and create solutions and assets as required for projects requiring automated communications and triggered emails
• Working with the Head of Marketing and Communications to develop communication strategies and solutions for specific corporate and strategic objectives e.g. customer engagement and satisfaction, change management etc.
• Reviewing and recommending new communication tools and software.
The ideal individual will have/be able to demonstrate skills and experience for:
• Developing and implementing communications strategies and sophisticated communications plans
• Effectively supporting a business in improving internal and external communications
• Utilising relevant software and analytics tools
• Understanding and optimising media relations and activities
• People, project and budget management.
It is anticipated that the role holder will have advanced English language skills and a Degree (or equivalent) in Media Studies, Journalism, English or other appropriate discipline; and evidence of prior experience managing Communications in other organisations.
For full details please see the pdfRole Profile ( 132 KB )
British Gymnastics is an equal opportunities employer and aims to provide a discrimination-free working environment. We are committed to an action plan and policy in line with the Equality Act 2010, which ensures that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment because of a protected characteristic.
Completed applications are to be returned by post or email to
British Gymnastics, HR Department, Lilleshall National Sports Centre, Newport, Shropshire TF10 9NB
Tel: 0345 129 7 129 ext 2398
Closing date for applications: 31st May 2017
Interview date: 13th June 2017
Unfortunately, only applicants selected for interview will be contacted.