Organisation British Gymnastics
Hours of Work 37 hours per week
Salary & Benefits Salary: Circa £60,000 per annum (dependent upon experience) + pension benefit + 34 days annual leave (includes Bank Holidays and Company Days)
Closing Date 29 May
British Gymnastics is on a roll. Participation and membership are rising, fans are growing and brought closer than ever, and our medal-winning British Team has never been so prolific. As one of the most successful sports governing bodies in the UK, we are thrilled with what's been achieved. This really is a remarkable time to be involved in gymnastics, and we are very proud of the part we have played in driving the development, delivery, promotion and success of the sport.
To promote and expand British Gymnastics' commercial activity and to drive accelerated growth ensuring the organisation is sustainable in the long term. Working with internal and external stakeholders the role holder will identify opportunities and develop commercial strategies to enable the organisation to realise it's goals, objectives and targets.
• Lead, coach and support the wider organisation to explore commercial opportunities; to strategically expand, preserve or improve revenue channels, partnerships, products and services, brand activities etc.
• Strategic development and management of sponsors and other commercial partners.
• Strategic development of Gymnastics Enterprises Ltd (GEL) merchandise, services, processes and revenues.
• Strategic development of Marketing plans and activities to raise the BG profile, promote the brand/brand narrative and support the achievement of commercial objectives.
• Proven experience of leading/implementing business growth strategies
• Analytical skills and the ability to methodically explore and risk assess business opportunities
• Strong collaborative and team leadership skills for coaching and ensuring a range of departments and functions interface and work together effectively
• A good understanding of business processes including commercial strategy and planning, financial performance analysis and planning, contract negotiation etc.
• An understanding of sponsorship, contracts and other licenced business models, including performance and compliance monitoring and evaluation
• A good understanding of marketing, communications, PR and brand development
• An understanding of retail and supply chain models and processes.
This appointment will enjoy significant levels of autonomy and responsibility. The successful appointee will be part of the senior management team, responsible for implementing the strategic growth strategy, making a significant contribution to the overall performance of British Gymnastics.
The successful candidate will enjoy a stimulating and rewarding high profile role within a genuinely exciting and respected governing body.
British Gymnastics is an equal opportunities employer and aims to provide a discrimination-free working environment. We are committed to an action plan and policy in line with the Equality Act 2010, which ensures that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment because of a protected characteristic.
For full details see pdfRole Profile ( 415 KB )
Completed applications are to be returned by post or email to
British Gymnastics, HR Department, Lilleshall National Sports Centre, Newport, Shropshire TF10 9NB
Tel: 0345 129 7 129 ext 2398
Closing date for applications: 29th May 2017
Unfortunately, only applicants selected for interview will be contacted.