Organisation Swim England
Hours of Work 35 hours per week
Salary & Benefits £31,393
Closing Date 14 October
Swim England is the national governing body for swimming in England. We help people learn how to swim, enjoy the water, and compete in our sports of swimming, diving, water polo and synchronised swimming.
We are seeking a Club Development Officer to join our team on a Fixed Term Contract until March 2021. This is an exciting opportunity working within the Club Development Team in the Sports Development Directorate.
Fixed Term Contract - March 2021
Reporting to: Club Development Director
Location: South West region - home or Wellington office based (Travel required - excellent travel benefits)
The successful Club Development Officer will work towards increasing the uptake of membership and the wider talent pool, through effective working relationships with clubs regions and counties. The aim of a Club Development Officer is to ensure club governance and practices are as effective as possible, and clubs work towards becoming self-sustaining, for the effective continuation of our sport. The ideal candidate will have the ability to influence clubs to increase and improve their communication, working to develop pathways with other aquatic providers and partner organisations in their area.
The successful candidate must:
• Have the ability to absorb and impart factual information to others
• Have excellent communication skills and the ability to express ideas, objectives and plans clearly and precisely
• Hold previous experience in sport development or a leisure background including an understanding of leisure services and sport development
• Have experience of managing projects
• A proven ability to form, build and sustain relationships with a variety of external partners and other identified stakeholders
• Have the ability to work as a team and as an individual
• Demonstrate excellent time management, and diary planning
• A passion for the development of good club structures and a commitment to the growth of our sport through our club network
So if you feel you have the suitable skills and attributes for this position then we would like to hear from you.
This organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We are committed to inclusion and embrace the spirit of all equalities legislation. Where possible we will always make reasonable adjustments for accessibility to anyone who requires it.
Please be advised that we cannot offer visa sponsorship and that you must have right to work status to apply or be considered for this role. If you are a non UK/EU National, you must have an appropriate working Visa to undertake employment.
To apply for this role please:
• Click here (https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/6S6Y8YG) to complete our suitability statement.
• Send your CV and cover letter outlining the skills and experience you can bring to this role referring to the advert, person specification and job description to email@example.com
• This should include any personal interests and unpaid activities. Include as much detail as possible to support your application, we receive hundreds of applications so make yours stand out! (We would recommend at least 300 words.)
• Please note not all website allow us to upload a copy of the job description and person specification with this advert but they can always be seen on at www.swimming.org/careers/
Applications received without all elements above will not be considered for shortlisting.
Closing date: midnight Sunday 14 October 2018
Applications after this time will not be considered
Interview date: 24 October 2018