Organisation Active Surrey
Hours of Work Part Time
Salary & Benefits Voluntary
Closing Date 24 September
Could you play a part in ensuring Surrey is the most active county in England? We want to hear from people with leadership qualities and the passion to make a difference to people's lives to Chair the Active Surrey Board.
An exciting and challenging opportunity has arisen for the role of Chair for applicants with the experience needed to drive the expansion of Active Surrey, the not-for-profit County Sports Partnership. If you are passionate and ambitious about how increasing physical activity levels can bring wider health, social and economic benefits, and want to turn our vision into reality, then we want to hear from you.
For full details of the role, please visit www.activesurrey.com to download the recruitment pack. Key requirements of the Chair includes:
• Proven track record of leading and managing a business or multi-agency partnership.
• Proven track record in a high profile management role in the commercial, professional, public or voluntary sectors.
• Interest in the development of sport and physical activity.
• Well connected and capable and willing to use influence to benefit the Partnership.
• Experience of involvement with boards and committees and the governance role of non-executive directors.
• Ideally either live or work in (or near) Surrey.
This voluntary position is non-executive and is not salaried but expenses will be reimbursed.
The Board appointments panel is running the selection process and the closing date for applications and interview dates are listed below. Application will be by CV and an accompanying statement/cover letter (max 2 sides of A4) explaining your interest and motivation in applying and what you believe you can contribute to Active Surrey. Please send these to email@example.com
We are committed to achieving gender parity and greater diversity generally on our Board and encourage applicants from all backgrounds; we particularly welcome applications from disabled people and from Black, Asian and minority ethnic people, who are under-represented in our workforce.
For an informal conversation about the positions please contact Active Surrey's Director, Campbell Livingston (firstname.lastname@example.org) or outgoing Chair, Steven Day (email@example.com).