Organisation Sport and Recreation Alliance
Hours of Work Part Time
Salary & Benefits Expenses provided
Closing Date 11 July
Skills and Experience
This year, we are particularly looking for two Appointed Directors who have the skills and experience in at least one of the following areas:
• Commercial and or wider income generation experience
• People management
• Political and parliamentary awareness
We also want to hear from you if you are excited about and can demonstrate:
• Creative and strategic thinking that challenges/refines conventional ways the sector has operated;
• Using your skills to constructively challenge group thinking and potential inhibiters to change at a national level;
• Making a clear commitment to improving diversity and equality and understanding the needs of under-represented groups in sport and recreation;
• The potential of the UK's sport and recreation landscape to change lives for the better.
A track record of leadership and operating at Board level in the private, public or voluntary sector is helpful but not essential.
In line with commitments set out by the Board in its Recruitment Policy we are aiming to continue to increase the diversity of our board. While directors will be appointed entirely based on skills and experienced based merit, the Alliance strongly encourages and welcomes expressions of interest from candidates under the age of 55, and from those with a black or minority ethnic background or come from a religious minority where there is currently under-representation on the board.
Key responsibilities (jointly with other Directors):
• Ensuring that the organisation has a clear vision and strategic direction and is focused on achieving these.
• Being responsible for the overall performance of the organisation and for its culture and ethos.
• Ensuring that the organisation complies with all legal and regulatory requirements.
• Acting as a guardian of the organisation's assets, both tangible and intangible, taking all due care over their security, deployment and proper application.
• Ensuring that the organisation's governance and probity is of the highest possible standard.
• Understand, and commitment to, sport and/or physical recreation.
• Someone who can continue to develop and maintain the Alliance's strategic focus and direct the organisation towards its future.
• Be able to make a commitment to the Alliance and devote the necessary time.
• Have strategic vision, independent judgement, an ability to think creatively and a willingness to speak your mind.
• A clear commitment to improving diversity and equality and understanding the needs of under-represented groups in sport.
• Have knowledge of good governance and commitment to highest standards.
How to apply:
Please visit https://www.sportandrecreation.org.uk//jobs/detail/5b2b885f089738195c915269 to download the Role and Recruitment Pack, Application Form and Board Recruitment Monitoring Form.
For more information contact the Company Secretary, Kate Lawrenson on 020 7976 3941 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
020 7976 3941