Commit to Signing Our Charter
Our research has found that BAME communities face significant disparities in sport and physical activity. Greater progress, positive action and outcomes are now needed to ensure all organisations benefit from the wealth of diverse talent on offer.
Our Sporting Equals Charter is making pivotal steps towards greater Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) participation in sport across the UK. Geared towards national governing bodies of sport, sports and leisure providers and sports charities, the Sporting Equals Charter can provide access to positive change towards a more diverse sector.
We believe in actions over words. The time to ensure this societal shift is now and at Sporting Equals we can help you achieve this. By signing up to our Charter, you will aid us with the ability to highlight further these disparities, so that we may alleviate them.
The Sporting Equals Charter operates over two levels.
The entry level offer is a subscription of £350-500 per year (depending on the size of the organisation). This provides your organisation with access to the content of the Sporting Equals newsletter, support with disseminating job vacancies to our vast BAME audience, and a comprehensive guide to inclusive marketing and communications.
The wider Charter offer reflects a higher level of consultancy support that we can provide and is comprised of three principles:
- Capture ethnicity data and intelligence - This is important to enable you to establish a baseline position and measure your progress over time. Regular monitoring and publication of progress is also a crucial step towards an organisation being perceived as open and transparent.
- Commit to tackling underrepresentation at all levels through positive action - This is about adopting appropriate policies, practices and programmes to increase opportunities for BAME communities.
- Celebrate positive role models and stories - Highlighting and promoting positive BAME role models in elite and grassroots sport goes a long way in gaining trust and promoting positive perceptions among BAME communities.
We will then work with you to devise a costed proposal to tackle all three elements with tangible actions. We can provide support to your organisation in the following:
- Policy advice and guidance
- Marketing and communications
- Community brokerage
- BAME reach
For more information, please contact our Policy and Engagement Manager, Emily Carter.
By signing this Charter, you will be greatly helping us to shine a light on the Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) community and make a change.
Pleased to be working with