FA 'BRINGING OPPORTUNITIES TO COMMUNITIES' COMMUNITY CONSULTATION FORUMS 2018
Bringing Opportunities to Community was The FA's first plan to address Asian Inclusion in the grassroots game. This plan was launched in 2015 after consultation with Asian communities in eight different parts of the country. As the first stage of that plan has now concluded, we are revisiting those communities and those venues to ask you how you feel about football now.
These community consultations will be a mixture of presentation, consultation and workshop. Every event will be free of charge, accessible and refreshments will be provided. Below are the list of events taking place, please use the drop down menu on the booking sheet to select your chosen venue. We have partnered with Sporting Equals to help us gain insight into the impact of our work and capture feedback at the forums to help shape how we move forward.
Anyone wanting to attend these events MUST, due to security requirements book via this booking link: Book here
• Forum 1 - Monday 1 October, 6.30-9pm Venue: Middlesex FA, Rectory Park, 163 Byron Way, Northolt UB5 6BB
• Forum 2 - Monday 8 October, 6.30-9pm Venue: Vallance Community Sports Association. SHA Community Centre, 117 Vallance Road, London E1 5BW
• Forum 3 - Monday 15 October, 6.30-9pm Venue: Luton Town Football Club, Kenilworth Road Stadium, 1 Maple Road, Luton, Bedfordshire LU4 8AW
• Forum 4 - Monday 5 November, 6.30-9pm Venue: Walsall FC, The Banks's Stadium, Bescot Crescent,Walsall West Midlands WS1 4SA
• Forum 5 - Tuesday 6 November, 6.30-9pm Venue: GNG Football Club Leicester, Riverside Football Ground, Braunstone Lane East Leicester, LE3 2FW
• Forum 6 - Monday 12 November, 6.30-9pm Venue: Sheffield United FC, Cherry St, Sheffield S2 4SU
• Forum 7 - Monday 19 November, 6.30-9pm Venue: Burnley FC, Turf Moor, 52-56 Harry Potts Way, Burnley BB10 4BX
• Forum 8 - Monday 26 November, 6.30-9pm Venue: Bradford City FC, Valley Parade, Bradford, West Yorkshire, BD8 7DY
We expect all of these events to be full, so we would encourage you to book on-line as soon as possible. For any questions on these events please contact Kevin.Coleman@TheFA.com
England Athletics Exploration Day
Lack of Diversity within Sports Volunteering
Support our Runners at the 2019 London Marathon and Help us Raise Money!
We are excited to announce the five runners who will be running in aid of Sporting Equals for this years London Marathon.
Meet Dal Dhaliwal - Sporting Equals new Special Advisor on Physical Activity
Sporting Equals are excited to introduce you to their new Special Advisor - Dal Dhaliwal - who will be advising on her specialist area of health and fitness.
The second session of the Leaderboard Academy will take place on the 17 & 18 January 2019 in partnership with Sporting Equals and the University of Liecester.
BRITISH ASIANS IN SPORT & PHYSICAL ACTIVITY SUMMIT (BASPA) 2018
Breaking Boundaries City Leadership Events
Connecting Communities through Cricket, Breaking Boundaries, is a three-year project (2018 - 2021) bringing together young people, their families and communities, through regular engagement in cricket, playing, spectating and volunteering. The project will use the spark of the 2019 World Cup to make the most of crickets potential to bring different ethnic and faith communities closer together into one cricket community and foster mutual respect and friendships.