Jit shares his thoughts on working on the Slough Breaking Boundaries programme in 2020
Breaking Boundaries is a three-year programme (2018 –2021) funded by Spirit of 2012, supported by the England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) and The Institute of Community Cohesion (Icoco).
We hear from Jit on the Slough Breaking Boundaries programme, on his take of the programme in 2020.
- How has your experience of being an Activator for Breaking Boundaries been for this year and how has it varied from previous years?
Challenging this year due to the lack of face-to-face contact time with the community organisations and community championships. We have had to adapt our approach to the way we work, focus more on online engagement, whilst ensuring we are capturing all of the great work that is being carried out by our community organisations and community champions during this pandemic.
- What were your best highlights and successes in your role for Breaking Boundaries this year?
- Working with Aik Saath to deliver the Great Get Together Quiz online,
- Delivering workshop to help support with activation grants for SWAT, Paving the Way and Chalvey 360
- Forced social mixing event between Paving the Way & Chalvey 360.
- Are there any key stories or moments you can recall that occurred during this year for Breaking Boundaries that reinforced that project's core values?
Delivery of workshops to support the organisations and champions to develop their activations grants before the pandemic. Social mixing event between Chalvey 360 and paving the way followed by Food!
- What key stories did you uncover this year as part of your role for Breaking Boundaries?
The community organisations all pulled together to support Slough during this pandemic. Each organisation done their bit and is doing their bit to ensure Slough is a safe place.
- Paving the Way – NHS Volunteers, champions delivering food parcels
- Aik Saath – Online activity for residents and youth, street art project in Slough, baking for NHS staff
- If you could summarize your experience on Breaking Boundaries this year in three words what would they be?
Frustrating, Insightful, Challenging
British Sport United in Gratitude
Sporting Equals shed some light on the upcoming 'Thank You Day' plans from the...
Introducing the new Manchester Breaking Boundaries Community Coordinator programme Matthew Youngson
We sit down with the new Community Coordinator for Manchester Matthew Youngson
Introducing our new Sporting Equals Activator for Barking & Dagenham Breaking Boundaries programme Janine Palm
We sit down with Janine Palm the new Sporting Equals Activator for the Barking...
Introducing our new Sporting Equals Activator for Bradford Breaking Boundaries programme Taj Butt
Introducing our New Sporting Equals Activator Taj Butt, for the Bradford...
Introducing our New Sporting Equals Activator for Birmingham Breaking Boundaries - Juliet Bertie
We sit down with Juliet Bertie the new Sporting Equals Activator for the...
COVID-19 pandemic significantly increases physical activity disparities amongst ethnically diverse communities
Sporting Equals Impact Report 2020-2021
Links to all versions of the Sporting Equals Impact Report 2020-2021
A look back on 2020 with Omair Shah, Al Madina Mosque, a Barking & Dagenham Breaking Boundaries community partner
Looking back on Barking & Dagenham Breaking Boundaries delivery in 2020 with...
Ravinder Dharni, Bradford shares his thoughts on the Breaking Boundaries delivery in 2020
We hear this week from one of the Breaking Boundaries community partners...
Barking & Dagenham Breaking Boundaries Community Coordinator Sam Bickmore looks back at delivery in 2020
A look back on Barking & Dagenham Breaking Boundaries programme in 2020 with...
Sporting Equals Race Equality Event Links to Watch Back
Race Equality: State of the Sector, is Sporting Equals' annual event for those...
Manchester Breaking Boundaries Community partner Sri Guru Gobind Singh Gurdwara
Manchester Breaking Boundaries Community partner Sri Guru Gobind Singh Gurdwara...