FA 'Bringing Opportunities to Communities' Consultation Forums 2018
FA 'BRINGING OPPORTUNITIES TO COMMUNITIES' COMMUNITY CONSULTATION FORUMS 2018
Bringing Opportunities to Community was The FA's first plan to address Asian Inclusion in the grassroots game. This plan was launched in 2015 after consultation with Asian communities in eight different parts of the country. As the first stage of that plan has now concluded, we are revisiting those communities and those venues to ask you how you feel about football now.
These community consultations will be a mixture of presentation, consultation and workshop. Every event will be free of charge, accessible and refreshments will be provided. Below are the list of events taking place, please use the drop down menu on the booking sheet to select your chosen venue. We have partnered with Sporting Equals to help us gain insight into the impact of our work and capture feedback at the forums to help shape how we move forward.
Anyone wanting to attend these events MUST, due to security requirements book via this booking link: Book here
• Forum 1 - Monday 1 October, 6.30-9pm Venue: Middlesex FA, Rectory Park, 163 Byron Way, Northolt UB5 6BB
• Forum 2 - Monday 8 October, 6.30-9pm Venue: Vallance Community Sports Association. SHA Community Centre, 117 Vallance Road, London E1 5BW
• Forum 3 - Monday 15 October, 6.30-9pm Venue: Luton Town Football Club, Kenilworth Road Stadium, 1 Maple Road, Luton, Bedfordshire LU4 8AW
• Forum 4 - Monday 5 November, 6.30-9pm Venue: Walsall FC, The Banks's Stadium, Bescot Crescent,Walsall West Midlands WS1 4SA
• Forum 5 - Tuesday 6 November, 6.30-9pm Venue: GNG Football Club Leicester, Riverside Football Ground, Braunstone Lane East Leicester, LE3 2FW
• Forum 6 - Monday 12 November, 6.30-9pm Venue: Sheffield United FC, Cherry St, Sheffield S2 4SU
• Forum 7 - Monday 19 November, 6.30-9pm Venue: Burnley FC, Turf Moor, 52-56 Harry Potts Way, Burnley BB10 4BX
• Forum 8 - Monday 26 November, 6.30-9pm Venue: Bradford City FC, Valley Parade, Bradford, West Yorkshire, BD8 7DY
We expect all of these events to be full, so we would encourage you to book on-line as soon as possible. For any questions on these events please contact Kevin.Coleman@TheFA.com
Breaking Boundaries with Nana Kwame Ankomah and Muhammad Mailk TKO Boxing Barking and Dagenham
We speak to Nana Kwame Ankomah and Muhammad Malik our Barking and Dagenham...
Sporting Equals partner with Comic Relief and NET to support BAME-led organisations worst hit by Covid-19
Sporting Equals Partner with Sport England to support Tackling Inequalities Fund Distribution
Breaking Boundaries with Rob Deeks and Aik Saath
Today we speak to Rob Deeks from Breaking Boundaries' partner community...
Breaking Boundaries in Barking and Dagenham with Aidan Elmore!
We speak to Breaking Boundaries local Ambassador Aidan Elmore about the...
How Breaking Boundaries host Edgbaston Foundation has helped to #FeedBirmingham
Birmingham's Breaking Boundaries host, Edgbaston Foundation partnered with...
Prize Draw Terms and Conditions Golf Survey
CEO Statement: Racism in the Sport Sector
Our CEO - Arun Kang OBE reflects on the initial findings of our racism in sport...
CEO Sporting Equals Statement: Equality of Opportunity in the Sport Sector
Our CEO Arun Kang OBE, explores the lack of equality of opportunity in the...
CEO Arun Kang OBE Statement on Intersectionality
Given our recent statement for 20% BAME leadership targets in sport. We wanted...
Densign White Statement on BAME Leadership in Sport
We speak to Densign White - Former Chair British Judo, Chair Sporting Equals...
Arun Kang OBE Statement on BAME Leadership in Sport
Our CEO Arun Kang OBE reflects on the persistent issue of racial bias and...