FA 'Bringing Opportunities to Communities' Consultation Forums 2018
FA 'BRINGING OPPORTUNITIES TO COMMUNITIES' COMMUNITY CONSULTATION FORUMS 2018
Bringing Opportunities to Community was The FA's first plan to address Asian Inclusion in the grassroots game. This plan was launched in 2015 after consultation with Asian communities in eight different parts of the country. As the first stage of that plan has now concluded, we are revisiting those communities and those venues to ask you how you feel about football now.
These community consultations will be a mixture of presentation, consultation and workshop. Every event will be free of charge, accessible and refreshments will be provided. Below are the list of events taking place, please use the drop down menu on the booking sheet to select your chosen venue. We have partnered with Sporting Equals to help us gain insight into the impact of our work and capture feedback at the forums to help shape how we move forward.
Anyone wanting to attend these events MUST, due to security requirements book via this booking link: Book here
• Forum 1 - Monday 1 October, 6.30-9pm Venue: Middlesex FA, Rectory Park, 163 Byron Way, Northolt UB5 6BB
• Forum 2 - Monday 8 October, 6.30-9pm Venue: Vallance Community Sports Association. SHA Community Centre, 117 Vallance Road, London E1 5BW
• Forum 3 - Monday 15 October, 6.30-9pm Venue: Luton Town Football Club, Kenilworth Road Stadium, 1 Maple Road, Luton, Bedfordshire LU4 8AW
• Forum 4 - Monday 5 November, 6.30-9pm Venue: Walsall FC, The Banks's Stadium, Bescot Crescent,Walsall West Midlands WS1 4SA
• Forum 5 - Tuesday 6 November, 6.30-9pm Venue: GNG Football Club Leicester, Riverside Football Ground, Braunstone Lane East Leicester, LE3 2FW
• Forum 6 - Monday 12 November, 6.30-9pm Venue: Sheffield United FC, Cherry St, Sheffield S2 4SU
• Forum 7 - Monday 19 November, 6.30-9pm Venue: Burnley FC, Turf Moor, 52-56 Harry Potts Way, Burnley BB10 4BX
• Forum 8 - Monday 26 November, 6.30-9pm Venue: Bradford City FC, Valley Parade, Bradford, West Yorkshire, BD8 7DY
We expect all of these events to be full, so we would encourage you to book on-line as soon as possible. For any questions on these events please contact Kevin.Coleman@TheFA.com
Sporting Equals Chief Executive Arun Kang awarded O.B.E for services to the development of BAME communities
As part of the Queen’s New Year Honour’s List, Arun Kang the Chief...
6th Annual Sporting Equals British Ethnic Diversity Awards Nominations Announced and Open
Organised by Sporting Equals, these annual Awards will be taking place on 14th...
Swim England and Sporting Equals Announce Partnership!
Swim England and Sporting Equals are to partner to help motivate more BAME...
What are the main political parties promising?
Ahead of the General Election, our Policy and Engagement Manager investigates...
Game On! - Sporting Equals partner with Scotland to shine a light on British Asian women in sport
Sporting Equals Promotes Race Equality Charter
We have promoted the Race Equality Charter today, we outline why this is needed...
BEDSA 2019 WINNERS
Congratulations to all of our BEDSA 2019 Winners ' A Dazzling Night'
CALL TO ACTION (BASPA)
A 'Call to Action' following the British Asians in Sport and Physical Activity...