FA 'Bringing Opportunities to Communities' Consultation Forums 2018
FA 'BRINGING OPPORTUNITIES TO COMMUNITIES' COMMUNITY CONSULTATION FORUMS 2018
Bringing Opportunities to Community was The FA's first plan to address Asian Inclusion in the grassroots game. This plan was launched in 2015 after consultation with Asian communities in eight different parts of the country. As the first stage of that plan has now concluded, we are revisiting those communities and those venues to ask you how you feel about football now.
These community consultations will be a mixture of presentation, consultation and workshop. Every event will be free of charge, accessible and refreshments will be provided. Below are the list of events taking place, please use the drop down menu on the booking sheet to select your chosen venue. We have partnered with Sporting Equals to help us gain insight into the impact of our work and capture feedback at the forums to help shape how we move forward.
Anyone wanting to attend these events MUST, due to security requirements book via this booking link: Book here
• Forum 1 - Monday 1 October, 6.30-9pm Venue: Middlesex FA, Rectory Park, 163 Byron Way, Northolt UB5 6BB
• Forum 2 - Monday 8 October, 6.30-9pm Venue: Vallance Community Sports Association. SHA Community Centre, 117 Vallance Road, London E1 5BW
• Forum 3 - Monday 15 October, 6.30-9pm Venue: Luton Town Football Club, Kenilworth Road Stadium, 1 Maple Road, Luton, Bedfordshire LU4 8AW
• Forum 4 - Monday 5 November, 6.30-9pm Venue: Walsall FC, The Banks's Stadium, Bescot Crescent,Walsall West Midlands WS1 4SA
• Forum 5 - Tuesday 6 November, 6.30-9pm Venue: GNG Football Club Leicester, Riverside Football Ground, Braunstone Lane East Leicester, LE3 2FW
• Forum 6 - Monday 12 November, 6.30-9pm Venue: Sheffield United FC, Cherry St, Sheffield S2 4SU
• Forum 7 - Monday 19 November, 6.30-9pm Venue: Burnley FC, Turf Moor, 52-56 Harry Potts Way, Burnley BB10 4BX
• Forum 8 - Monday 26 November, 6.30-9pm Venue: Bradford City FC, Valley Parade, Bradford, West Yorkshire, BD8 7DY
We expect all of these events to be full, so we would encourage you to book on-line as soon as possible. For any questions on these events please contact Kevin.Coleman@TheFA.com
Jit shares his thoughts on working on the Slough Breaking Boundaries programme in 2020
Jit shares his thoughts on working on the Slough Breaking Boundaries programme...
Physical Activity Levels Disparity Identified Within Young People and Children from Ethnically Diverse Communities
The COVID-19 pandemic has significantly impacted the activity levels of...
We catch up with Lauren Mudd to hear about her first year as the Breaking Boundaries Bradford Community Coordinator
Lauren reflects on her first year as part of the Bradford Breaking Boundaries...
Usman Khan looks back on the 2020 Breaking Boundaries programme through his perspective as the Birmingham Activator
We look back on the 2020 Breaking Boundaries programme with Birmingham...
Sporting Equals Terminology Resource
Sporting Equals launches Terminology Resource to further our recent work on...
CEO Arun Kang OBE Statement: Uniting The Movement Sport England 10-Year Strategy Review
Our CEO Arun Kang OBE, reviews the new Sport England 10-Year strategy: Uniting...
My first year as the Manchester Community Coordinator - James Badrock
Manchester Community Champion, James Badrock was keen to tell us about his...
Reflecting on 2020 Breaking Boundaries in Barking & Dagenham with Samir Sawhney
We sat down with Samir, our Barking & Dagenham Activator to get his take on...
Looking back at 2020 Breaking Boundaries programme in Slough with Billy Cousins
2020 from the perspective of Billy Cousins, Slough Breaking Boundaries...
Reflecting on Bradford Breaking Boundaries programme 2020 with Activator Talish Butt
We looked back at Bradford Breaking Boundaries programme 2020 with our Bradford...
Reflecting on Breaking Boundaries 2020 with Chandni Paul
We sat down with our Birmingham City Coordinator Chandni Paul to reflect on her...
Sporting Equals Active Lives May 2019/20