Women in Sport - Partnerships and Consultancy Manager
|Hours of Work||Full-time - Permanent (flexible working options are available)|
|Salary & Benefits||Up to £45,000 per annum|
|Closing Date||12 Apr|
Are you passionate about gender equality?
Do you recognise the value of sport to personal development and society?
Do you want your work to make a difference?
We are looking for a dynamic manager to develop successful, productive partnerships with organisations in the sports and corporate sectors.
This is a rare and exciting opportunity to work in our small ground-breaking charity, in the high profile and fast-moving arena of women's sport with plenty of scope to make your mark on the cause. You can help to ensure women and girls can break out of stereotypes and engage in sport and exercise for its joy as well as its health benefits.
The Partnerships and Consultancy Manager will develop, manage and co-ordinate the delivery of our funded partnership programmes and commissioned services. We offer unmatched insights and deliver a range of programmes and projects for a wide range of clients and we are looking for someone who can build on this work and attract new projects and partnerships.
Our charity exists because we believe it is wrong for girls and women to be denied the joy, fulfilment and lifelong benefits of sport. And yet still so many are, even here in the UK. Gender stereotypes, concerns about body image, discrimination in the workplace and social norms at home mean that at every life stage, women are still less active than men and less likely to play sport. Too many women and girls are missing out on feeling happy and confident in their bodies, on the companionship, exhilaration and liberation of simply playing and forgetting day-to-day stresses. Women from disadvantaged communities and women of colour are missing out most of all.
Women in Sport highly values the quality and diversity of thought that is only possible from a team made up of individuals from broad range of backgrounds, who can each bring their different experiences and perspectives. For this reason, we encourage applications from men as well as women and would particularly welcome applications from people of colour and a wide variety of ethnic or minority backgrounds, sexual orientation, religion, age or impairment.
Women in Sport is committed to a working culture where everyone can be authentic and true to themselves. We strive to represent the full diversity of the communities we serve.
Main responsibilities are:
- Build successful partnerships to offer consultancy services to the corporate and sporting sectors.
- Identify and realise key opportunities for consultancy and other commissioned work from the sport, leisure, health and social sectors, and from new sectors outside sport to progress our charitable purpose.
- All activation; from generating ideas and identifying opportunities, planning and project management, monitoring and evaluation to high quality training and delivery.
- Work with key partners to identify and scope potential pilot projects that can champion new approaches and demonstrate solutions to key problems.
- Deliver elements of the income generating activities including workshops, webinars and other innovation team-based elements.
What we're looking for from you
- Knowledge of the commercial landscape of sport and the interface between corporates and campaigning bodies.
- Understanding of the headline political, cultural and social determinants of gender equality as this affects women and girls from different backgrounds and cultures.
- Commercial instinct and experience of negotiating in a professional and clear way, whether as a consultant, a fundraiser, sponsorship manager or in any other capacity.
- Excellent relationship management and networking skills and the ability to build trust and lasting partnerships.
Please see the job description for full list of responsibilities and the criteria required for this role.
What we can offer you:
- Annual leave: 25 days, plus Bank Holidays (pro rata for 21 hours).
- Pension: Women in Sport operates an auto enrolment pension, with matched contributions starting at 3% of salary.
- Flexibility: We have a range of options for flexible working and we'd be happy to discuss your needs at the interview stage.
- Annual Healthy Living Allowance of £250 (pro rata for 21 hours).
Closing date: 12 April 2021 (midnight)
Long List Phone Calls: w/c 19th April 2021
Main Interviews: w/c 26th April 2021
How to apply
See the full job description and a link to apply here.