Welsh Rowing - Board Director
|Location||South Wales (can vary)|
|Hours of Work||6 times a year|
|Salary & Benefits|
|Closing Date||01 Oct|
Due to the end of term of several Board members, we have three vacancies on the Board of Directors at Welsh Rowing. This is an exciting time for the sport with the Tokyo Olympics and Paralympics taking place in 2021, and the development of new and innovative forms of the sport occurring rapidly. Wales will also host the World Rowing Beach and Coastal World Championships in 2022. As we support our network of clubs through a global pandemic, we would like to add skills, diversity and experience to our existing Board. Appointment will be made through a formal application and online interview process, but we welcome informal conversations with Board or CEO to answer any queries you may have.
Appointment will be made through a formal application and online interview process, but we welcome informal conversations with Board or CEO to answer any queries you may have.
The Board's responsibilities are:
• Setting the organisation's vision, values and strategic direction
• Overseeing, monitoring and evaluating the implementation of strategy and objectives
• Ensuring Welsh Rowing's organisational structure and capability, including the resources available, are appropriate and deployed for maximum impact
•Building effective strategic partnerships in support of the organisation and its aims
• Creating a brand and commercial offer that will attract and retain commercial partners
• Maintaining careful oversight of any risks and the financial standing of the organisation
• Representing Welsh Rowing, championing the organisation and its members
• Ensuring that communication with stakeholders is transparent and effective
Email your CV and short covering letter to: Helen.Tan@WelshRowing.com by 1 st October 2020. Interviews will be held via video conference.
For an informal conversation on the role with any Board member or the CEO, please email Helen Tan on the address above, or call 07890992858.
You can find out more about what we do via our website: www.welshrowing.com.