UK Coaching Solutions (the new name for Coachwise incorporating 1st4sport qualifications) - Non–Executive Director (NED)
|Hours of Work||12–15 days per annum|
|Salary & Benefits||Non-remunerated with reasonable expenses being reimbursed.|
|Closing Date||29 Jan|
UK Coaching Solutions is the commercial trading subsidiary of the National Coaching Foundation (UK Coaching), we are here to support people to deliver great coaching and the organisations who recruit, develop, educate, support and deploy people, and we develop products and services that support more people and organisations to foster active communities.
Through our commitment to people, passion and progress, we're taking the lead in coaching excellence and within our portfolio is 1st4sport Qualifications which is an awarding body that specialises in providing regulated learning, development and assessment for coaches in the UK.
As we modernise our awarding body (1st4sport) and grow our learning solutions, we need to enhance the skills, experience and expertise of this board in this area. We are looking for someone who is passionate about providing the most person-centred learning, development and education available at a cost which is affordable for all and within a business strategy which cultivates sustainability.
Key areas of responsibility
• Ensure the organisation fulfils its statutory and fiduciary responsibilities
• Provide strategic leadership, insight and guidance to achieve the objective of long term growth and success with an emphasis on the Awarding body and learning solutions
• Bring Boardroom skills and experience to the business and specialist knowledge of, and experience in, the Learning and Assessment sector
• Support and challenge the Executive team who have responsibility for day to day delivery
Knowledge required to do the job
The Non-Executive Director must have:
• A passion and understanding of coaching and sport and physical activity
• Substantial business and learning and assessment experience with a good understanding of how complex organisations operate
• Practical experience of serving as a Board member and supporting Executive staff
• Knowledge of working with partner organisations to achieve a common set of objectives
• Knowledge of the learning and assessment landscape and ability to provide horizon scanning information to the board to inform future strategic direction
Skills required to do the job
The Non-Executive Director must demonstrate that they have:
• Expertise in representing and influencing government departments regarding educational reform
• Experience in providing, as a sounding board, expertise to the awarding body responsible officer and senior directors
• The ability to absorb complex information and provide board-level guidance.
• Willingness to contribute in a positive manner and be proactive in supporting the organisation to achieve its objectives
• Strong communication skills, with the ability to act as an ambassador
for UK Coaching
• Any additional skills as determined by the Board Skills Matrix
How to apply
Please submit your letter of application and CV to Sally Frani:
Email: email@example.com Telephone: 0113 290 7617
Closing date: 5pm, Friday January 29, 2021
Interviews: February 2021