UK Coaching - Coaching Solutions Manager (Midlands)
|Location||Home-based, preferably within the Midlands, and UK travel (when required), including monthly visits to the UK Coaching head office in Leeds city centre|
|Hours of Work||Full-time|
|Salary & Benefits||£32,000 – £44,000 dependent on experience|
|Closing Date||04 Mar|
As the lead agency for coaching in the UK, we collaborate with participants, coaches and those who employ, deploy and support coaches across the sport and physical activity sector to collectively improve coaching experiences, across the pathway. Using our research, which demonstrates the positive association between coaching and good mental and physical well-being, we inform Government policy to support coaches to continue having a positive impact on society – potentially reducing pressures on our health and social care systems.
UK Coaching are looking for an experienced 'Coaching Solutions Manager' to work closely with our partners across the Midlands area of England (covering regions of East, East Midlands and West Midlands). At the heart of the role is the ability to listen to a partner's needs and identify solutions, by advising on learning products and services, that ultimately support the development of coaches. Being able to see opportunities and develop great relationships are vital for someone in this role, all underpinned by a brilliant understanding of coach development.
1. Develop an in-depth understanding of the training partners across the Midlands (in England, covering West Midlands, East Midlands and East regions) to identify opportunities to support them through learning products and services.
2. Collaboratively identifying, managing and supporting a portfolio of coach employers/deployers and prioritise needs and opportunities for growth.
3. Identifying and building high-quality expertise and consulting services with potential investors at the decision maker and influencer level; building an understanding of their policies,
priorities and KPIs.
4. Work collaboratively with investors to attract resources towards benefitting coaches and the coach development workforce.
5. Managing and reporting on all relevant activities and metrics.
6. Engage with coaches across a broad range of sectors in the Midlands area through developing and facilitating a comprehensive programme of digital and face-to-face learning
7. Generate insight through case studies and feedback to inform the coaching industry and our work at UK Coaching from the sector.
8. Overseeing and supporting the development of tailored work plans for each partner aligned to current policy and thinking, their specific workforce goals/aspirations and UK Coaching KPI's.
9. Development of a Coaching Alumni initiative to offer continued support to coaches beyond attendance on bespoke programmes.
10. Provide peer support for colleagues and secondary line management responsibility.
11. Provide insight to the wider business on opportunities within
FE/HE sector and apprenticeships and EPA.
12. To contribute to the wider work of UK Coaching, ensuring a coaching culture is created across the whole business and be an active part of our one team approach.
Knowledge, skills and expertise
For the role to be performed effectively the role holder will have senior
level specialist/technical skills, qualifications and experience in this work
area, along with a broad range of management and professional skills
and expertise to manage a work area, team and budget. This specifically
- • Knowledge of up-to-date philosophies and methodologies for learning,
- teaching and coaching.
- • Experience of managing, supporting and developing people.
- • Awareness of the funding agencies and opportunities for skills
- investment at regional levels in England.
- • A passion for coaching and ability to translate this into influential
- dialogue with employers, developers, funders and coaches alike.
- • Up-to-date, relevant experience of coaching within sport and physical
- activity sector, as a coach.
- • Experience of managing a multi-disciplinary team of specialists is
Leadership and development
Line manages teams; motivates, develops and coaches others to achieve
high level performance.
Understands the goals and objectives of the organisation and contributes to the development of strategic plans. Develops/delivers programmes of work/objectives within an annual plan and budget. Takes account of the external environment and interdependencies with other work areas. Maximises resource usage and removes obstacles preventing others from achieving their goals.
Recommends resolutions for complex and/or high impact issues that require a detailed assessment and a deep understanding of the specific work area. Analyses data and concepts from a range of practical and theoretical perspectives. Constructively reviews and challenges ways of working and implements changes in order to enhance performance in own results area(s).
Makes decisions that impact on the delivery of plans and objectives within specified work areas. Accountable for managing budgets and resources in own work area(s). Work is largely unsupervised and in line with business objectives.
Communicating and influencing
Demonstrates advanced communication skills in persuading or advising colleagues, partners and stakeholders in a wide range of circumstances, relevant to own work area. Draws on experience and/or specialist expertise and acts as a role model to others. Develops and maintains relevant professional or business relationships on behalf of the organisation.
Salary and Benefits
The starting salary for the position will be in the range £32,000 – £44,000 per
annum, depending on experience and qualifications. Salaries are reviewed each
year in April. This is a full-time role.
In addition, UK Coaching offers 25 days annual leave, plus nine days public holidays.
All staff are entitled to a day of 'Birthday Leave' to be taken within five days of their actual birthday.
New members of staff will be eligible to join the company pension scheme in the first month of their employment. Anyone not joining at this time will be automatically enrolled into the scheme designated for auto-enrolment purposes (subject to eligibility).
All members of UK Coaching's permanent staff receive life assurance cover of twice their annual salary.
UK Coaching enhances Statutory Sick pay (SSP) and Statutory Maternity Pay (SMP) with its own Occupational Schemes.
UK Coaching is dedicated to an on-going staff training scheme.
Following the successful completion of the six month probationary period, staff are also entitled to:
- A healthcare benefits scheme.
- Access to reduced gym membership through GymFlex.
- Ability to buy and sell leave twice a year through the Annual Leave Policy.
- Access to a cycle to work scheme.
How to apply
Please submit your letter of application and CV to Sally Frani:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Telephone: 0113 290 7617
Closing date: 5pm, March 4, 2021.
Interviews: March 15 and 16, 2021.