The FA - Women's Professional Game Policy Manager
|Hours of Work||Fixed Term Contract, Full-time|
|Salary & Benefits||What we can offer you: - An exciting and challenging role within a changing, dynamic and world-renowned sports organisation. - Attractive benefits and a competitive salary for the right candidate.|
|Closing Date||23 Sep|
The Football Association (The FA) is the governing body of football in England. We are responsible for promoting and developing the game at all levels; from grassroots through to the professional game, The Emirates FA Cup and the England international teams. We have two core assets: Wembley Stadium and St. George's Park.
The Women's Professional Game Policy Manager will be responsible for the development of the women's professional game.
The successful candidate will drive the development of women's professional game policy in conjunction with key internal and external stakeholders, to deliver the best professional women's competitions in the world.
Women's Professional Game Policy:
- Development of insight led policy for the women's professional game – immediate priorities including:
- Player scholarships / apprenticeships in the women's game and the introduction of player protection from 16 years of age in collaboration with Football Operations, Legal, member clubs and key football stakeholders; ensuring the principles of dual career are embedded in all policy development.
- Development of Home-Grown Player Rules in the Barclays FA Women's Super League and FA Women's Championship.
- Development of equality, diversity and inclusion policy, processes, and procedures.
- Support the review of loan policy in competition rules and regulations.
- Exploration of domestic compensation policy for youth development. Liaising with FIFA regarding the development of player compensation globally.
- Develop other professional game policy as required by the FAWSL and FAWC Board.
- Collaboration with the FA Insight Team to effectively internationally benchmark and measure progress towards achieving our mission of building the best professional women's sports leagues and competitions in the world.
- Use data and insight to build business cases for policy development
- Effectively project manage policy development and oversee the policy budget.
- Support the League Operations team on the planning, management and delivery of Cup Finals and events.
Business Planning and Reporting:
- Support the League Operations Team to adopt an effective plan, do, review approach to business operations.
- Assist with Business Planning working with the Head of League Operations and monitor progress against KPIs.
- Provide regular reports and progress updates to Women's Professional Game SMT.
- Undertake effective monitoring and reporting of policy workstreams to the Executive Group and the WSL / WC Board.
- Oversee a robust stakeholder consultation process as part of policy development processes.
- Liaise with key stakeholders including Member clubs, FIFA, UEFA, PFA, LMA, Football Supporters Federation, PL, EFL on any issues requiring stakeholder engagement.
- Champion world class service delivery of league and club services; obtain customer feedback and make any improvements as necessary.
What we are looking for:
- Knowledge and interest in football, with a passion for developing women's football,
- Experience of developing, delivering and monitoring sport and/or football policy,
- Excellent project management skills. Track record of creating, managing, tracking, implementing and reviewing projects,
- Budget management experience,
- Analytical skills; ability to analyse information and make recommendations based on the information,
- Ability to professionally engage in dialogue, articulate points clearly and concisely through a range of communication methods and styles depending on the target audience,
- Ability to write correspondence and reports to communicate clearly, professionally and accurately to a range of audiences to help achieve desired goals,
- Ability to create and deliver presentations that are tailored to the audience,
- Strong relationship building and stakeholder management skills,
- Strong influencing skills that can be used to good effect both internally and externally,
- Competent leadership skills in galvanising internal and/or external stakeholders to deliver business outcomes,
- Experience of working with cross-functional project teams.