The FA - Technical Lead - 2030 World Cup Bid Feasibility
|Hours of Work||Fixed Term Contract, Full-time|
|Salary & Benefits||What we can offer you - An exciting and challenging role within a changing, dynamic and world-renowned sports organisation. - Attractive benefits and a competitive salary for the right candidate.|
|Closing Date||23 Sep|
The Football Association (The FA) is the governing body of football in England. We are responsible for promoting and developing the game at all levels; from grassroots through to the professional game, The Emirates FA Cup and the England international teams. We have two core assets: Wembley Stadium and St. George's Park.
The Football Associations and Government partners of the UK and Ireland are undertaking feasibility work for a five-association bid for the 2030 FIFA World Cup. This work will run through until July 2022 by when it is anticipated FIFA will have formally opened the bidding process. An exciting opportunity has arisen to be an integral part of the team coordinating this work. Based out of Wembley, you will work with all partners to assess the feasibility of bidding to stage a FIFA World Cup which could provide an incredible opportunity to deliver tangible benefits in the UK & Ireland.
The role of Technical Lead is critical to establishing the feasibility of a five-association UK & Ireland bid to host the 2030 FIFA World Cup. It is a varied role which focuses on the compliance of host city and stadia against the anticipated FIFA criteria. It is responsible for/supports:
- Procurement and ongoing Contract Management
- English City and Stadia Selection
- Safety and Security
- Stakeholder Management
- FIFA Engagement
This is a Fixed Term contract starting in December 2021 and ending in July 2022.
Procurement and ongoing Contract Management
- Lead the procurement exercises and subsequent contract management for services required to evaluate the suitability of stadia for inclusion in any future bid. Services include architects, engineers, quantity surveyors and sustainability.
English City and Stadia Selection
- Lead the process by which English stadia will be selected as potential competition venues
- Engage with potential host city and stadia on the process, criteria and evaluation for selection
- Manage an open, fair and transparent selection process against anticipated FIFA criteria
- Lead the ongoing relationship management with approximately 20 cities and stadia through the initial selection process
Safety and Security
- Support the scoping of safety and security coordinating city and stadia engagement
- Work with partners and contractors to develop a cost appraisal which meets the anticipated safety and security requirements for a tournament in the UK & Ireland
- Provide a key interface with UK Government, Government of Ireland, UK Sport and partner cities and stadia
- Lead the development of a sustainability concept in line with the ambition of key stakeholders and the anticipated FIFA criteria.
Commence relationship building with the FIFA Technical team
What we are looking for
- Attention to detail and pride in the presentation of outputs
- Ability to write concise presentations and reports
- Strong analytical skills
- Confident working with numbers/building budgets
Collaboration and Partnering
- Excellent skills in stakeholder management – both internal and external
- Capable communicator with experience of dealing with sensitive and complex matters
- Ability to demonstrate flexibility where required
- Experience of working in a multi-venue environment for a major sport event
- Experience in the development of capital projects
- Experience in a management consulting environment beneficial but not essential
- Experience in Microsoft Office 365 applications
- Experience in Smartsheet® beneficial but not essential