The FA - National Referee Manager
|Hours of Work||Full-time, Permanent|
|Salary & Benefits||Competitive|
|Closing Date||20 Sep|
The Football Association (The FA) is the governing body of football in England. We are responsible for promoting and developing the game at all levels; from grassroots through to the professional game, The Emirates FA Cup and the England international teams. We have two core assets: Wembley Stadium and St. George's Park.
Working in partnership with the Head of Refereeing for technical and development, the National Referee Manager will oversee the training, education, development and support that we afford to our FA referees at step 5 and 6 of the male pathway.
The successful candidate will support the identification of potential referee talent from within our County FA network. You will also support and assist with the ongoing growth, development and evolve of the FA CORE programme – including female referees, growing our cohort of referees from underrepresented groups.
- To provide high quality training, education and development opportunities to all referees at step 5 and 6. Specifically targeting those referees not within the FA CORE programme.
- Ensure there are regular interactive development 'touchpoints' with step 5 and 6 referees at least 3 times per season.
- Provide monthly virtual learning and development opportunities for a variety of referees to learn and grow from FA Referee development content.
- Ensure that our development offer takes a blended learning model – including face to face, virtual and online content.
- Work holistically with all CFA Referee staff to ensure that those referees showing emerging talent and potential are identified, captured and signposted into the FA CORE programme.
- Ensure that all training and education content specifically targets those referees from underrepresented groups.
- Work closely with the Head of Refereeing – Technical and Development and other National Referee Managers to ensure that Referee development and education remains a key priority for County Football Associations.
- Supporting County Football Associations with referee development resource, expertise, experience and delivery where required in order to support their KPI achievements.
- Forge partnerships with leagues, clubs and other football stakeholders in order to enhance, improve and develop their understanding on the laws of the game and wider refereeing matters.
- To demonstrate the core FA values at all times. Working within a wider technical and development team, whilst showing the positive attitude and flexibility to support their colleagues within the team and wider FA refereeing department where necessary.
- Executes additional tasks as required in order to meet FA Group changing priorities.
What we are looking for
- Experience as a referee educator and or developer.
- Highly skilled facilitator of referee education and development content. Has the ability to plan, prepare, build and deliver referee development programmes/workshops.
- Detailed knowledge of Refereeing pyramid and promotional pathways and opportunity.
- Detailed knowledge of FA CORE structure – regions, leaders, referees and programme evolve.
- Knowledge and experience of removing the barriers to inclusion for women, ethnic minorities and disabled peoples in refereeing.
- Capable of influencing a diverse set of stakeholders including volunteers.
- Detailed knowledge of National league system and supply pool structure at step 5 and 6.
- Understanding of grassroots football.
- Understanding of how CFA's and Leagues recruit and administer referees.
What we can offer you
- An exciting and challenging role within a changing, dynamic and world-renowned sports organisation.
- Attractive benefits and a competitive salary for the right candidate.
The Football Association Group promotes inclusion and diversity, and welcomes applications from everyone. If you have any particular requirements in respect of the recruitment or interview process please mention this in your application.