The FA - National Development Manager – Partnership Delivery (2 year FTC)
|Hours of Work||Full-time|
|Salary & Benefits||Competitive|
|Closing Date||13 Sep|
The Football Association (The FA) is the governing body of football in England. We are responsible for promoting and developing the game at all levels; from grass roots through to the professional game, The FA Cup and the England International teams, and has two core assets: Wembley Stadium and St George's Park.
- Manage and maximise relationships with national football and wider-community partners, ensuring successful delivery of agreed outcomes and greater alignment of strategic objectives, to achieve sustainable change (e.g the English Football League Trust, Age UK and the Premier League Community Foundation)
- Manage a portfolio of national education delivery partners, ensuring maximum impact of contract delivery, returns on investment for participation and continued growth of the grassroots game (e.g Association of Colleges, BUCS and Independent Schools Football Association)
- Support the Senior Development Manager(s) to extend/expand the potential delivery reach of grassroots football offers through existing stakeholders and maximise any commercial partnerships
Relationships and Partnership Working
- Strengthen FA relationships with commissioned partners, providing support for delivery success.
- Ensure relationships are strengthened through excellent delivery and a reputation for responsiveness, expertise, insight, and empathy for participant needs.
Delivery and Impact
- Working with Senior Managers, prepare new business plans and ensure all associated delivery is delivered in time and on budget.
- Relentlessly challenge strategy alignment (GRF and Womens), including value for money and scale of impact.
- Ensure the best possible return on investment across all stakeholder projects and ensure maximum impact of all resources (human, financial, intellectual etc.)
Results Orientation and Budget Management
- Lead on all planning and reporting processes associated with portfolio of stakeholders, including management and monitoring of relevant budgets
- Prepare business plans, regular reports and budgets, ensuring all associated contract delivery is on time and on budget
- Work collaboratively within the Development Team and across the GRF Division to ensure connectivity, align priorities and explore potential wider opportunities with existing stakeholders.
- Implement regular interactive briefing sessions to ensure appropriate colleagues are properly informed regarding progress in all areas of contract delivery.
Executes additional tasks as required in order to meet FA Group changing priorities
What we are looking for
- Proven track record of delivering results and raising performance within established targets
- Ability to manage and maintain budgets within specific financial parameters
- Knowledge of the goals and enablers within a sports development organisation
- Knowledge of barriers facing under-represented groups
- Experience of stakeholder management
- Experience of contract management
- Experience of day to day budget management
- Track record of delivering results and raising performance within established targets
- Ability to gain 'buy in' to equality objectives
- Excellent administration and Microsoft Office Skills
- Degree-level qualification
- Project management qualification e.g. Prince2
- Strong understanding of the role of digital in sport
- Professional or voluntary experience working in grassroots football, or grassroots sports more broadly
- Understanding of the political and functional workings of County Football Associations
- Prior experience with Smartsheet
A full clean driving licence will be required.
What we can offer you
- An exciting and challenging role within a changing, dynamic and world-renowned sports organisation.
- Attractive benefits and a competitive salary for the right candidate.
The Football Association Group promotes inclusion and diversity, and welcomes applications from everyone. If you have any particular requirements in respect of the recruitment or interview process please mention this in your covering letter.