The FA - Mentee Development Programme
|Location||National Football Centre, St George's Park|
|Hours of Work||Part-time|
|Salary & Benefits|
|Closing Date||15 Sep|
In partnership with the Chelsea Foundation, The FA will be running a Mentee Development Programme for 10 aspirational, intentional coaches.
The programme will run throughout the 2021/2022 Season, offering a number of opportunities that aim to accelerate the development of coaches striving to break into the professional game, and will provide a bespoke and agile programme designed to meet the needs of each individual coach.
The selected Mentees will receive:
- An opportunity to observe England national team development camps
- A bespoke individualised development action plan based around the coaches needs and wants
- A blended learning approach with a comprehensive webinar series around player development coupled with face-to-face opportunities to observe this in action with club visits
- Study visits to professional clubs to observe the boys and girls academies
- Season long 1-1 mentoring
- Presentation and communication skills workshops developing employability skills
- A CV skills day run by the LMA
- Reflection skill workshops
- Developing a series of communities of practice to share experiences and network
- A series of tactical and analysis workshops
The qualifying criteria for those wishing to apply is UEFA B for male applicants, and Level 2 working towards UEFA B or above for female applicants. Please upload evidence of your qualification/s with your CV.
In particular we welcome applications from candidates from Black, Asian and historically underrepresented ethnic communities and females to help address the lack of representation of existing Professional game Coaches from these groups.
This is an unpaid programme, however all incidental expenses will be covered over the season with an October start and July/August finish. You will be expected to commit to approximately 20 days over the course of the programme.