The FA - Marketing & Communications Lead 2030 World Cup Bid Feasibility
|Hours of Work||Full-Time|
|Salary & Benefits||An exciting and challenging role within a changing, dynamic and world-renowned sports organisation, Attractive benefits and a competitive salary for the right candidate.|
|Closing Date||23 Sep|
The Football Association (The FA) is the governing body of football in England. We are responsible for promoting and developing the game at all levels; from grassroots through to the professional game, The Emirates FA Cup and the England international teams. We have two core assets: Wembley Stadium and St. George's Park.
The Football Association and government partners of the UK and Ireland are undertaking feasibility work for a five-association bid for the 2030 FIFA World Cup. This work will run through until July 2022 by when it is anticipated FIFA will have formally opened the bidding process. An exciting opportunity has arisen to be an integral part of the team coordinating this work. Based out of Wembley, you will work with all partners to assess the feasibility of bidding to stage a FIFA World Cup which could provide an incredible opportunity to deliver tangible benefits in the UK & Ireland.
This role will lead all marketing and communications activity during the feasibility stage of the bid. At this stage of the project, the role will focus on finalising the Strategic Narrative, developing a brand and implementing brand assets including establishing a digital footprint.
This is a Fixed Term contract, starting in December 2021 and ending in July 2022.
Procurement and ongoing Contract Management:
- Lead the procurement and ongoing contract management for agencies and contractors delivering across a range of areas including strategic communications, brand development, digital, copywriting and external insight/research.
Bid Strategic Narrative Evolution:
- Lead the development of the second phase of the Strategic Narrative for a potential bid.
- Work closely with the five football associations and their respective government authorities to ensure the Strategic Narrative reflects the ambitions and objectives of stakeholders.
- Coordinate the creation of Innovation Groups to support the development of a potential bid.
- Ensure the use of consistent language across all elements of the bid (narrative, brand, digital.)
- Lead the delivery of a visual identify (logo, slogan and font etc.) which builds upon the Strategic Narrative.
- Ensure relevant legal protections are in place e.g. intellectual property.
- Lead the development of an innovative digital strategy for the bid.
- Work with a brand agency to develop a bid website and establish a strong presence on social media platforms.
- In collaboration with the Strategic Communications Partner, develop the communications plan for a potential bid incorporating channels from all bid partners.
- Provide central coordination for ongoing media management including liaison with communications leads from partner organisations.
Event Planning: (subject to a decision to bid)
- Deliver a dynamic bid launch event (venue selection, partner appointment, digital strategy etc.)
- Engage in the activation of any bid around Qatar 2022.
Ambassador Recruitment: (subject to a decision to bid)
- Identify and recruit ambassadors that complement the strategic vision.
- Develop, implement and manage a delivery plan for ambassadors including ongoing relationship management and deployment planning.
What we are looking for:
- Experience developing world class marketing assets in a sport environment,
- Significant experience procuring and managing agencies to support the tactical and operational delivery of the marketing objectives,
- Experience in a communications role within an international sports media environment,
- Experience in project management within a marketing and communications environment.
- Attention to detail and pride in the presentation of outputs,
- Ability to write concise presentations and reports,
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to manage a large number of high profile work areas simultaneously,
- Ability to develop and manage budgets.
Collaboration and Partnering:
- Proven skill in stakeholder management – both internal and external,
- Confident communicator with experience of working on sensitive and complex matters with a wide range of stakeholders.